What's new

What is your "go to" whiskey for everyday drinking?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it is Johnny Walker Black. One for its consistency, two you can find it everywhere, and three... well... Blade Runner.

What are you're "if all else fails" go to's?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Buffalo Trace is my current go to for everyday drinking. I enjoy Weller a lot (both price and taste) however I haven't seen any of their line in my stores in probably a year. For scotch at an affordable to me price point I've been enjoying Monkey Shoulder.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
i dont drink everyday, but my usual suspects:
Bourbon: Evan williams single barrel
Scotch: Glendronach 12yr
Rye: Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond - for manhattans/Old fashions

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I like variety and trying new things so there isn’t a bottle I always have on hand. I would also consider a go to as something that’s fairly easy to come by. I wish that was true for BT and OWA. Eagle Rare is probably the one as I have been able to find recently and just looked and shows in a couple county stores. I also tend to have a bottle of local juice from Twin Valley Distillers, either Rye or bourbon on hand most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've got a number of open bottles that I like to rotate through. If I had to pick a few bourbons I like, both taste and price (for a daily), probably Knob Creek Single Barrel store picks (12-13 yrs is optimal for me), 4 Rose's Single Barrel, McKenna 10, Eagle Rare. I've recently discovered Virgin Bourbon 7/101 to be tremendous for the $13 price tag. I love me some Weller12 too, but I usually save it for special occasions...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Blind tests usually involve lies bro. You probably tasted crown royal black and they told you it was Pappys.

Crown black is mad good
Nah, someone asked if I wanted some bourbon and poured me a couple fingers. I thought it was amazing (tasted like it had been "smoked"), and asked for a little more. The friend pulled it out from under his table and it was Pappy 20 year. So no hype, no "here, taste this and tell me what you think"... just a simple pour from a friend, and definitely some of the most unique and flavorful bourbon I have ever had the pleasure to taste.

Pretty intricate deception if they poured a bottle of CRB into a bottle of PVW. :D

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Depends on my mood or the day and what's happening at my house. My one time purchase bottles usually never get touched unless I'm by myself or sharing with my wife if she wants to have some with me.