• Torch

Votes: 130 77.8%
  • I use a stick match

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a torch. Especially when outside, where even the slightest breeze can make lighting a cigar extremely tedious with a soft flame lighter. And in my experience, what they say about the taste of a cigar being compromised by that kind of lighter is true.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch, obvious wind resistant benefits, plus I can direct the heat to where I want it.

Normally, I lightly roast the foot while rolling it between my fingers (not puffing), then I put it in my mouth and lightly draw while barely touching the flame to the foot. Usually it results in an even light.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I love my Dupont torch but I prefer a soft flame. I would love to be able to pick up a Dupont softflame some day, but at those prices its a long shot.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I currently just use a torch. I 'downgraded' from a dual flame to a single flame, and much prefer the single. I have been meaning to pickup a zippo and the soft flame insert that I read about on here. that seems to be the cheapest way to see how I feel about a soft flame.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I currently just use a torch. I 'downgraded' from a dual flame to a single flame, and much prefer the single. I have been meaning to pickup a zippo and the soft flame insert that I read about on here. that seems to be the cheapest way to see how I feel about a soft flame.
Good point. I primarily use a Thunderbird Softflame Butane Zippo Insert. It's nice.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
when i can i use stick matches, but always have a torch with me ........

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I prefer soft flames when I'm inside the B&M, simply because I seem to always get a good, consistent light with it. Outdoors, I go with a torch. It just makes life a whole lot easier.

Good point. I primarily use a Thunderbird Softflame Butane Zippo Insert. It's nice.
I'm really tempted to pick up one or two of those. I have a nice, engraved zippo I got as a Xmas present a while back and would love to actually put it to use.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i've got a lighter that has a soft flame, with push button single torch. roast and prep with the torch, then finish off the light with the flame. even based on a flint-wheel side roll bar, so no ignition issues. thing is rock solid.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Absolutely love a soft flame indoors or no wind... I've found it makes for a much cooler start and an even burn a lot more regularly.

Outdoors with even the slightest breeze, though, a torch is super handy.

I'll abstain from the vote!
This was my same thought, and since obviously better results using a soft flame(indoors of course), my "preference" would be a soft flame, wheras the torch is more "practical" for outdoor use.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
no lighter...

decoded the hidden inscription on viaje band to unlock psychokinetic ability for left hand flame at will.

:ccowboy:

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
99.99% of my smoking is done outside. Torch lighters accomplish this without leaving with a migraine. For the few times I'm smoking indoors and have access to matches, then I go that route. There's something soothing about lighting a cigar with wooden matches.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have over 25 lighters of various types but my all time favorite is a soft flame ( Xikar Exodus ) which does a great job. At times when I am outside and the wind is too much I'll use a torch ( single flame as anything more just seems to be overkill and that just makes my cigars taste like burnt tobacco. )