What's new

What kind of hygrometer should I get?

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok brothers, I have a used (but new to me) Savoy humi coming in from an infamous auction site...got it for less than a third of the retail on them.
I've decided on getting a digital hygrometer with thermometer for it and will go with the ever trustworthy Boveda packs in one of their neat Spanish Cedar holders. I've looked at a few different ones and I've got it narrowed down to a Xikar 834XI (round) or 833XI (rectangular) digital hygrometer.
Thought I'd ask to see if you ladies and gentlemen might have some other favorites to recommend!
Thank y'all ahead of time!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok brothers, I have a used (but new to me) Savoy humi coming in from an infamous auction site...got it for less than a third of the retail on them.
I've decided on getting a digital hygrometer with thermometer for it and will go with the ever trustworthy Boveda packs in one of their neat Spanish Cedar holders. I've looked at a few different ones and I've got it narrowed down to a Xikar 834XI (round) or 833XI (rectangular) digital hygrometer.
Thought I'd ask to see if you ladies and gentlemen might have some other favorites to recommend!
I find the Western Humidor Caliber IV works great. Available on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JXOKQVW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They can be calibrated. I bought one, calibrated it with a Bovida calibration pack and it was right on, bought another, it was about 1% off the first one and I adjusted it. $24 in stock.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above, have 3 Caliber IVs for my various set-ups and they were all either spot on or one off the Boveda.

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I may forego a hygrometer in this one. The small humi I have now has an external hygrometer and with the Boveda packs it never budges until I open the lid. This Savoy I'm getting will be opened much less, it'll hold just a few cigars anyway...mainly used for aging until I decide on what ammo crate will become a big humidor.
Thanks everybody!

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting a Caliber IV only because I had my "eBay Bucks" thing come in and it was enough to get one. Will end up using it in my Ammo Crate humidor when I get it built...