What's new

What should I try next?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So i started on infused cigars I had most can flavors and a few different acid blue labels and a Victor Sinclar. I feel like I've graduated from these because I struggle to get flavor out of these and I feel no buzz at all. I like that kinda toasty cream hue with some pepper at the finish. What should I try as a more medium bodied cigar. Also I want to try a maduro wrapper.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
With your completely new to cigars palette, I'd be in a try everything stage. Hop over to the smoke of the day thread to get an idea of what's good right now..
Once you get your palette preferences figured out, it'll be easier to give legit suggestions. Take note of the country and wrapper as you smoke, those are the two biggest flavor "tells" imo...

And enjoy the slide down the slope!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ll give it a try what’s the second best one out of them
I don't think the other "country" lines are close to as excellent as that one. The next thing I'd try from CAO after that is the flathead. The CAO black is really good. I used to love the Mx2. They're still pretty good.
CAO is one of the the better of the big company brands.
As we said before, try Fuente 858.
Try all the crowned head lines.
Those are great paces to get you started to see what you like.
Try something from AJ Fernandez
Try a Tatuaje brown label.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So now the question is what’s the crap and the dog rockets to stay away from
Entirely depends on your palate. Some people loves gurkas, some hate them, some find particular cigars to be worth 12 a cigar while others wouldnt pay 3 a cigar for the same one

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So now the question is what’s the crap and the dog rockets to stay away from
Almost everything that seems like a great deal at the cigar auction sites. Stay away from there for a while.

Most of the big company brands aren't too great for the money compared to what else is out there currently. Especially those with Cuban names. Punch, partagas, RyJ, etc. (granted there are several exceptions among those, but as a general rule of thumb.)
Rocky Patel are generally crap, but the sungrown maduro is supposed to be good and the edge isn't horrible. Some people like the "decade" line.

Entirely depends on your palate. Some people loves gurkas, some hate them, some find particular cigars to be worth 12 a cigar while others wouldnt pay 3 a cigar for the same one
This is it right here. And it will change as you smoke more and try more.
But it's really dependant on the person. I really dislike EP Carillo blends, several guys really like them. (excepting Lgc)

But most Gurkha are junk, especially for the money

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Wow I thought rocky patel was like one of the top 5 brands, I will say when I see people talk about they it’s normally one of those lines
His name is really recognizable and memorable. But most of his blends aren't that great. (he's earned a lot of respect for his efforts for the industry)
Of course that's a comparative opinion, it wouldn't hurt to try one, you might like it.
Your preferences will change over time as you try more though. D