What's new

What to Expect When Ordering.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I am thinking of dipping my toe in the CC waters. I tried a search but didn't find what I was wondering.
Questions are. (U.S. residents)
1. Does the package get delivered to your home like a normal UPS type order?
2. Will I get a duty/Tax fee added to the delivery?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A bit of advice, don't necessarily buy the cheapest of a Brand/Vitola on the internet. Do as much research as possible to find a reliable vendor that will send you real cigars in good condition and will assure that you receive your order. Lots of info available about which companies to stay away from.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I was planning on the Partagas d4 and Bolivar. I enjoy both NC offerings and do not see many bad reviews on them.
PSD4 is a great choice, and Bolivar has some excellent offerings. That being said, you cant compare NC's and CC's just because they have the same name on the label. there is really no connection between the two.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSD4 is a great choice, and Bolivar has some excellent offerings. That being said, you cant compare NC's and CC's just because they have the same name on the label. there is really no connection between the two.
I understand this. From what I have read is that the CC version has similar profile in both being fuller in flavor. Yes?

One thing I struggle with on the CC front is that there is virtually no description of leaf used like NC. I assume it's mostly Piloto or vuelta abajo. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to the leaf.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It's true. @Glassman doesn't really know about consistency and @ChuckMejia doesn't really know about vendors.
What consistency? ;)

And Ben that's just not true. Chuck has great vendors, I mean really great. Incredible even. People tell him all the time how great his vendors are. It's unbelievable. They're Yuge. Facts.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I understand this. From what I have read is that the CC version has similar profile in both being fuller in flavor. Yes?

One thing I struggle with on the CC front is that there is virtually no description of leaf used like NC. I assume it's mostly Piloto or vuelta abajo. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to the leaf.
There's no similarity in profile at all. The only thing in common is the name.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Is there anyway to quantify them then? Are the flavor descriptions in any way similar to a nc? Ya know, some brands known for fuller or lighter flavor?
Some are fuller and some lighter, you can read a lot of different people's experiences and impressions with the different brands and lines. But it's just a completely different dynamic.

If you love the idiosyncrasies of the leaf, spend some time in the home rolling and blending threads here. So interesting, and these guys do great work.

But you generally don't get to find out much at all about leaf detail and blend info on Habanos.