What's new

What to Look for in a Winedor?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was trolling eBay looking at wine coolers for an attractive, high capacity humidor for my office where clients will be. What do I need to look for? I saw several cheap ones sold for parts as the thermoelectric cooling was shot. Do I even need that? I'm looking at this like a pretty and large glass humidor for impressing folks. It'll have humidification in the bottom and the temp will be the ambient provided by the AC. Am I way off the mark or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I don't have mine plugged in right now.. but the house stays pretty cool, so that works out fine... And I use bovedas, at least one per shelf/drawer. Seems to be just right. Super hassle/worry/maint free

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So if the AC works where it's sitting I can get away with no cooling. That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
If you want the cooling you need the thermoelectric model. I use the cooling part, you need the thermoelectric because that Model won't suck up the humidity.

It depends where you live, and store your sticks. I live in NY where it can go from 100 to negative whatever. The humidity/temp changes so much.

Also you would need a regulator to regulate the temp.

For the wine cooler if you decide to turn it on; search wine cooler builds here and you'll find out more in depth what I mean.

Basically we use the gauge that beer people use to make their beer. So if your fridge goes below a certain temp it'll auto turn off you fridge and if it goes above your set temp it'll turn it on. All with a time set range of how ever many minutes you choose. So you don't fry the cooler.

Also you'll need to silicone the holes, no scent obv..

And I use cat litter in mine. Hope this helps

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What to look for in a wineador? How about your next cigar? That's what I like to find in mine! I absolutely depend on the cooling for my cigars. My house stays around 80 during the summer and the wineador drops the temp on average 12 degrees. My main stash is in a temperature controlled refrigerator. at 65 degrees. Just remember if you're not going to keep your cigars in the under 76 degree? range you may want to take additional beetle prevention.