What's new

What was your first pipe?

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I didn't do so well with my first pipe. I bought a good looking bent bulldog, not sure on brand if there even was one, It smoked very wwet and wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner. Thankfully I have had better luck since. Glad to hear things went well with your first one.

MrZ

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first pipe was a great little briar, a drug store pipe, a Dr Grabow Omega. I bought it when I was in college back in 70's. It's a good smoking little pipe that I still have to this day. They don't make them like this any more, just look at the quality of the Dr Grabows now. I put my pipe down for about 25 years, that is until a couple of years ago I started back up with a group of friends who are avid cigar smokers. Since then I have started to collect unique pipes that capture my personality and style. I have since picked up a generic sand blasted, dark stained Oom Paul, a one of a kind Italian Lorenzo Poker Pipe with built in sitter stand and a large built in moisture trap, a Dutch Cobalt Blue Big Ben, and a large bowl hand carved briar Churchwarden. I prefer bent stem pipes as a personal favorite.

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My first pipe was a great little briar, a drug store pipe, a Dr Grabow Omega. I bought it when I was in college back in 70's. It's a good smoking little pipe that I still have to this day. They don't make them like this any more, just look at the quality of the Dr Grabows now. I put my pipe down for about 25 years, that is until a couple of years ago I started back up with a group of friends who are avid cigar smokers. Since then I have started to collect unique pipes that capture my personality and style. I have since picked up a generic sand blasted, dark stained Oom Paul, a one of a kind Italian Lorenzo Poker Pipe with built in sitter stand and a large built in moisture trap, a Dutch Cobalt Blue Big Ben, and a large bowl hand carved briar Churchwarden. I prefer bent stem pipes as a personal favorite.
Very cool bro! You should head over to the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself...

as for me, I have yet to smoke a pipe. I had a guy the other day at the bar smoking one and it smelled awesome. Can't wait to give it a shot!

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My first pipe was a little wooden one I got at the head shop in the early 80's for smoking my pot(stopped that 15 years ago)My first tobacco pipe was a Dr Grabow.

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 1st was a MM Country Gentleman cob, the exact one I'm smoking in my avitar. It's a great smoker and I still enjoy it frequently.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started with a straight Dr. Grabow and a pack of cherry pipe tobacco. I still have the pipe, but I can still almost taste that cherry pipe tobacco, I get queezie just thinking about the stuff!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a new, small Kaywoodie dublin with plumbing. Pretty horrible, but what did I know? I've still got it, somewhere.