What's new

What would you include in a sampler?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I try to set up by strength: mild, medium, or full bodied or between those mixing up several brands to try all in one size that he prefers.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Assuming he doesn't smoke much, I'd stay in the mild to medium range and with brands he'd likely find at most cigar shops.

Avo
CAO
Fuente
Montesino
Oliva
Partagas
Rocky Patel
Torano

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
there are many variables that would have to be considered. another option i'd like to add is to include a variety of wrapper types: naturals, maduros, sun-growns, etc. Also, sizes are important, you could do a variety of sizes or you could do different sticks all in the same sizes.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
there are many variables that would have to be considered. another option i'd like to add is to include a variety of wrapper types: naturals, maduros, sun-growns, etc. Also, sizes are important, you could do a variety of sizes or you could do different sticks all in the same sizes.
I was going to say the same thing. Sizes and wrapper types. It would be nice to send a sampler that he could try such a huge variety.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I know variables and all that stuff, but if you were going to put a sampler together for someone who has smoked before what would you put in it?

Here are three I'd include for sure no matter who the smoker is.

CAO Brazilia Samba
Carlos Torano Signature Perfecto
Padron 6000 Natural/Maduro

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd go with...

Padron 3000 (my favorite of the x000s so far)
Rocky Patel Vintage 1992
Ashton VSG
AF Hemingway Short Story
CAO MX2

Not sure what else.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
VSG and MX2 would be too strong. I love the other 3, though, and think those would be perfect in a sampler. I think that CAO Brazilia wouldn't be too bad, but it, too, might be too strong. Maybe a main line Fuente. You could also look at a CAO Black.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Based on the other smokes that you have on your list already, I would add a Fuente Hemingway, a Pepin or two (if he likes full bodied - go with a Tatuaje; if he likes mild-med, go with a Cabaiguan), and don't forget a Padron Anniversary (nat/mad - depending on his preference), such as a Principe - very good short smoke at the $7-$8 level.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Based on the other smokes that you have on your list already, I would add a Fuente Hemingway, a Pepin or two (if he likes full bodied - go with a Tatuaje; if he likes mild-med, go with a Cabaiguan), and don't forget a Padron Anniversary (nat/mad - depending on his preference), such as a Principe - very good short smoke at the $7-$8 level.
nice picks! an AF short story is always a sure bet!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I would go with:

AF CF Sun Grown
Ashton Cabinet Puro Sol
Padron X000
An Avo of some type

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I would do someting in the lines of the other brothers. However I would put in one strong cigar for them to try, but tell them that it might kick there but they just might like them. It did not take me too long to go to more stronger cigars. .02

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If it were someone who doesnt smoke, I would do a sampler of, at least, one very mild cigar, a medium cigar, and a strong cigar just so he can decide what they like most for themself. Also label each ones strength. My .02