What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea but the zero carb wraps are like eating Elmer's glue. I bought the flax and whole grain wraps from Sams but like so many other things I used to buy reqularly they are no longer carried.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yea but the zero carb wraps are like eating Elmer's glue. I bought the flax and whole grain wraps from Sams but like so many other things I used to buy reqularly they are no longer carried.
Yeah, the zero carb ones are definitely a gradual and acquired (if at all) taste. There is sadly no real replacement for good ol tortillas. :cry:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's not that there isn't good jarred salsa out there, because there totally is. Just not Pace.
I've tried a lot of them and have kind of ended up using mostly Herdez.
Their Roasted Salsa Verde, Guacamole Salsa, Salsa Taquera, Taqeria street Verde and Taqeria street Roja are always in my arsenal. The Taquera is stellar for a roja.
Mateo's salsa is ok, but very cumin heavy. I just picked up some of this Cholula original salsa. Excellent!!! It has a bit of the typical Cholula flavor, but has a bunch more ingredients.
Tastes almost like the Herdez Salsa Taquera, but almost better imo. Go getcha some!
Carlos, if you have any jarred salsa recommendations I'd love to try them.
I had some salsa at my buddies house that he got at HEB. It was a red salsa in a small jar and it was made by HEB. Damn good stuff!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've tried a lot of them and have kind of ended up using mostly Herdez.
Their Roasted Salsa Verde, Guacamole Salsa, Salsa Taquera, Taqeria street Verde and Taqeria street Roja are always in my arsenal. The Taquera is stellar for a roja.
Mateo's salsa is ok, but very cumin heavy. I just picked up some of this Cholula original salsa. Excellent!!! It has a bit of the typical Cholula flavor, but has a bunch more ingredients.
Tastes almost like the Herdez Salsa Taquera, but almost better imo. Go getcha some!
View attachment 192182
Carlos, if you have any jarred salsa recommendations I'd love to try them.
I had some salsa at my buddies house that he got at HEB. It was a red salsa in a small jar and it was made by HEB. Damn good stuff!
H-E-B has some amazing house branded stuff, salsa included! I also tend to prefer Herdez, as well as La Costena.

What's funny is that a lot of the time, I'm just as likely to shake on some Louisiana/Tabasco as I am an actual salsa. Looking at the lazy Susan on the table right here, we have red Tabasco, green Tabasco, Louisiana, and Crystal in rotation. I didn't realize the breadth of our household hot sauces until just now. :ROFLMAO:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
H-E-B has some amazing house branded stuff, salsa included! I also tend to prefer Herdez, as well as La Costena.

What's funny is that a lot of the time, I'm just as likely to shake on some Louisiana/Tabasco as I am an actual salsa. Looking at the lazy Susan on the table right here, we have red Tabasco, green Tabasco, Louisiana, and Crystal in rotation. I didn't realize the breadth of our household hot sauces until just now. :ROFLMAO:
I'm a big fan of the green Tobasco.:cool:(y)(y)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday's breakfast - chorizo, eggs, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and cotija

View attachment 192517

And dinner that night - a couple of chile rellenos with pico

View attachment 192520
I am disturbed by the lack of beans and tortillas. Everyone knows you put beans on a fresh corn tortilla and then the pepper goes on top of the beans.

Or, maybe I am just a fat boy at heart.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Huevos, papas con jalapeños y cebolla, y ground búfalo. Kinda sorta a machaca.
Salsa Taquera by Herdez is their secret weapon. Grab some if you haven't tried it.
View attachment 190787
View attachment 190788
View attachment 190789
Otra vez??? ...si guey. I forgot the frijoles negros and aguacate last time. Much better.
My daughter and I are baching it right now cuz the wifey's in Tahoe so that's why I'm experimenting.
View attachment 190809
I am disturbed by the lack of beans and tortillas. Everyone knows you put beans on a fresh corn tortilla and then the pepper goes on top of the beans.

Try it sometime. Yes the tortilla adds a nice flavor, but try it without. It's killer!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am with you 100%... this was a morning decision that I had not otherwise prepped for, so I went with what was on hand. If I had the beans thought, that would have prbably filled me up for the rest of the day!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You cook the way I do, if it's in the pantry, fridge, garden or freezer it's fair game. If I have to hop in the truck for a make breakfast run I'm getting bagels.
God, I miss good bagels. I used to work with some guys from NYC. Every Sunday they would bring in bagels and cream cheese.

Now I live in nowhere land and the closest place with bagels is thirty-five minutes away.