What's new

What's next?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've been using a couple of Dr. Graboids - Royal Duke Pot and Savoy Bent Billard for the non-aromatics I've been smoking. It's time to expand my horizons and pickup two new pipes for different purposes.

I am interested in a larger bowled, higher quality pipe for the non-aromatic Virginia blends and then maybe a less expensive (corncob?) for some sticky sweet aromatics I want to try.

As far as bowl size and pipe length I like the Savinelli Foresta 111KS and the Peterson Dublin Filter 106, any thoughts

The sticky aromatic pipe I though maybe a Missouri Meershaum Mark Twain Straight or Diplomat 5th Ave

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 Savinellis I've smoked we're both great. Out of 2 Peterson's I have; 1 is awesome the other 1 not so much.

Not a big fan of pipes w/filters. I don't really want to bother w/them. My understanding is that tobacco acts as a filter.
Since I don't inhale and smoke cigars also I'm not sure it's relevant.

I'm 100% down w/ corn cob. Maybe spend a little more for a better stem.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Thanks, I'll check on the Castello

er..
I could probably survive the beating my wife would inflict on me for a $170 Savinelli, the beating inflicted for a $400 Castello would be iffy

You can find a Castello for cheaper than $300. It's well worth the investment. I'd also suggest looking into Radice as well. Try the unsmoked section of the estate pipes on SP. You might find something that would be within the nonbeating range :smuggrin:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ll add another vote for Radice, the quality to dollars spent ratio is about as good as I’ve seen, I smoke a cob 2-3 times a day 5 days a week, I did upgraDe to ebonite Forever stems, not a fan of the plastic ones they come with, I prefer the Washington because of the size.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I decided to, at this point, stock up on some cob pipes from Missouri Meershaum and wait to talk her into a nice Christmas present. I'm really in "deep like" with the Savineli Foresta Smooth Natural as far as size, appearance and the cost is swingable. Waiting will give me time to consider and maybe find a deal on Radice or Castello.

The cobs I bought
Washington 5th Avenue, Bent
Apple Diplomat Bent
Diplomat 5th Avenue Bent

I'll try and keep these for the different flavor profiles of the sweet, sticky stuff.

Thanks for the advice, the rash isn't cured, just scratched.