What's new

whats on your grill today?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I figure, what the hell.. we've got a "today's smoke".. and a "whats in your bowl today" thread... why not a food one? (besides.. 40 is making me seriously jelous/hungry lately... lets see who else out there has mastered the art of putting meats to the heat!....)

post up your pics, techniques, recipies, etc.. for all to see/share...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
funny you mention pot roast...

thats what Im preparing today....

I just took a beautiful piece of beef out of the freezer about an hour ago.. as soon as it thaws, its getting spiced up.. and thrown on some very low/slow heat...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Nice, love coming home to the smell of it through out the house after a long day at work. Today's lunch should be good too with the left overs.

So how do you prepare yours? I go super simple with salt, pepper, paprika, little onion powder and garlic. Throw in a few quartered potatoes, carrots, a large yellow onion. Add a little water in with a little flower and then I like adding onion soup mix.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
seasoning is usually.... olive oil, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, a couple of bay leaves, some dry white wine.. and a couple of beef bullion cubes (crushed up)... all mixed together.. and then spread all over the roast..

veggies vary quite a bit.. depends on what Ive got on hand.. but potatos, carrots, and a sweet onion (vidalia preferred) at a minimum.. if I want to "spice" it up a bit.. ill finely dice up a couple of jalapenos and throw them in there (not doing that tonight.. I dont have any peppers on hand...)...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you both suck. im really friggin hungry now...

ive been jonesing to get another pork butt or some ribs on the smoker for over a month now!!! i think im gonna have to bribe my brother into picking up a couple pork butts, and dragging my smoker out from behind the connex box, i had to move cause of the broke ankle, which has its benefits though.... im thinking ill be firing up the smoker next weekend if i can get the meat and charcoal together!!

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nada
The summer swelter remains...
thankfully now sooner than later on firing up the carne asada to 450°

Thanks !

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
check out the bbq pit boys on youtube... they do some great stuff....

prepping two huge tuna steaks now.... hitting the grill in a couple of hours... pics to be posted shortly :)