What's new

What's the next hot brand?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Tatuaje was the hot brand for awhile with every new release being gobbled up and all the forums constantly drooling over the brand. Viaje had a short blip of fame, but very short. Then Drew Estates took the crown with the Liga craze but now with their sale, the sizzle has fo-dizzled. What's the next hot brand in the NC market?

Crowned Heads has done well and people seem to jump on those... what/who is taking over the fanboi club?

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I think you nailed it on the head; Crowned Heads seems to be the "new hotness" and for good reason. They have been putting out some spectacular cigars this year. Jon Huber & Co. seem to be on top of their game but with the Garcia's behind you it's kinda hard to miss. I just hope there isn't a bunch of "fair-weather fans" that get bummed out if he decides to slow down a bit. I also hope, and imagine they do, have the fore-sight to realize that they can't put out an amazing new cigar every month without sacrificing something along way.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just hope there isn't a bunch of "fair-weather fans" that get bummed out if he decides to slow down a bit. I also hope, and imagine they do, have the fore-sight to realize that they can't put out an amazing new cigar every month without sacrificing something along way.
Totally this. Love everything I have gotten my hands on though.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Crowned Heads is the new "it" brand for now.

Tatuaje isn't a new "it" brand anymore, but that's only because they've established themselves and have put out quality product for years now. Their new releases don't seem to sit very long.

Don't count Liga Privada out either, they're still going strong, regardless of what some say. How often do you see L40s, Dirty Rats, or FFPs languishing? Willy has a devoted following and I've personally very much enjoyed his two cigars, for whatever that's worth.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'll definitely put in a vote a Ventura Cigar Company they're local boys here in Moorpark. I'm planning on taking a trip over to the office in a few weeks to hang out and see what they have planned for this year.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I'll definitely put in a vote a Ventura Cigar Company they're local boys here in Moorpark. I'm planning on taking a trip over to the office in a few weeks to hang out and see what they have planned for this year.
Make sure you're smoking a Tat when you walk in....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know anything about Warped Cigars, but I must admit I was very impressed by their design aesthetic. At this year's tradeshow I spent quite a bit of time admiring their presentation and packaging design - it was apparent to me that they put a lot of effort and skill into everything they were displaying. I think I may have actually creeped out the guys working in their booth a bit because I was staring so intently at their products. Just as I don't know them, they obviously didn't know me so I can only imagine what they thought of some fat bastard like me scoping their product out so long.

I need to make a point of trying their cigars.

STS