What's new

Whats the purpose of PCA trade shows?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's like any other industry specific tradeshow. Retailers are able to attend seminars, speak with reps, pick up a bunch of bling and samples, take pictures with celebs and models, place orders. Good excuse for the retailer to write off a vacation. Normally a lot of new products are introduced.

There seems to be trouble in the family with 4 of the largest manufacturers not having a presence this year citing attendance and costs as major issues.

This show is limited to retailers, There where plans for a consumer friendly show CigarCon but it's been delayed to no earlier the 2021.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@ChuckMejia True!

but im definitely biased. PCA is active in lobbying to the government to protect this hobby we hold near and dear. They do excellent work And frankly deserve it. I wish i could attend!

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Chuck is partially right. lol

As a smaller shop but growing we go mostly to socialize and meet up with our partners and manufacturers. It's the one time of year we can get together and actually meet in person. The discount are nice but I don't take enough advantage of that to justify the expense.

It's mostly about socializing and education for us with some purchases as well.