What's new

Whats yalls thoughts on the Zippo pipe lighter?

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back when I was working in the B&M I picked up the Zippo Pipe lighter, and have just dug it out of retirement. I know cigar smokers HATE zippos for imparting a chemical taste, but what say yall?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find it's really hard to get a good pull off of it. I basically stick it to the pipe which worries me a bit

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
When lighting it, let it be lit for a couple of seconds before taking it to the baccy in the bowl. That should eliminate that chemical taste some people experience.

I personally use it for the initial light of the pipe and switch to other soft flame lighters afterwards.

I also have the butane insert in my zippo pipe lighter now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I tried the zippo and didn't like how you had to lay the lighter on the rim of the bowl . Eventually it will show some wear. Bought the Peterson old boy silver lighter and never looked back. I use this fuel and never taste anything IMG_0934.PNG

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I alternate between matches, bics, zippo standards, torches, soft flame old boys and the zippo pipe lighter - They all work (don't use the torch with the pipes though) but my favorite is the Peterson old boy. BTW - none of these impart a chemical or gas taste enough to sway me away from using them :pompous: