What's new

What's your favorite way to marinade/season/rub a steak?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a couple of steaks and am looking to branch out into seasons/marinades/rubs that I've not tried. What are any of your suggestions or favorites? I've not tried much outside of the standard steak rub found in the seasoning isle of the grocery store.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm a contrarian, salt and pepper is the best seasoning in my opinion. I use coarse kosher salt and the pepper ground fresh. I have also tried a few of the pre mixed steak seasonings and a few different marinades, and when I do I always wish I had just stuck to salt and pepper. Not much help I realize, haha.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
For some cuts, like ribeyes, I go light with sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and a pad of butter, maybe some herbs like rosemary or cilantro..
For others, like sirloin, it just depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes a rub, usually some sort of marinade. I always make my own, both rubs and marinades. I'd suggest googling some basic recipes for a base to make your own. And write down what you add, so you can recreate or tweak as needed..
Marinades and rubs are all about your flavor profile, much like cigars imo..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is truth. And then cook it sous vide for four hours.
A sous vide machine is something I've been thinking about getting. I have zero experience with them and haven't tasted any food from one, but have read a lot of great literature on them. Plus, I love different cooking gadgets.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a contrarian, salt and pepper is the best seasoning in my opinion. I use coarse kosher salt and the pepper ground fresh. I have also tried a few of the pre mixed steak seasonings and a few different marinades, and when I do I always wish I had just stuck to salt and pepper. Not much help I realize, haha.
I'm not a strict S&P contrarian but it sure is my go-to seasoning for a good steak. I may add ground coriander to that or throw a sprig or rosemary and/or thyme in the pan with it. My preferred cooking method is the reverse sear, either on the grill or in cast iron using the stove top and oven. If I want to introduce additional flavors, I often do it with a sauce. Bearnaise is a favorite but if I want something quicker, a red wine (or port) reduction in the pan is a good option.

You sir, are a monster.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
A sous vide machine is something I've been thinking about getting. I have zero experience with them and haven't tasted any food from one, but have read a lot of great literature on them. Plus, I love different cooking gadgets.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I use an instant pot smart (Bluetooth) that you can set programs for whatever temperature or time you want. In addition to being a pressure cooker, yogurt maker, rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer etc. I love it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt and pepper for me, then a bit of garlic, butter, and thyme at the end.

I'm all ears on some other rubs, whether wet or dry from you pros though. I usually get the nice cuts for dinners I got time to enjoy, I need some flavorimg for the chucks I make for my lunches.

I do like throwing Montreal Steak Seasoning on my burgers though.