What's new

When signage goes wrong...

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I do not have photo evidence for either of these however, when I worked for a major retailer we had the following 2 things happen:

• Farmer's Natural Apple Juice - you only have so many characters you can put in fields for signs and "Farmer's Natural Apple Juice" was way over the limit. The Vendor decided to just shorten it to "F.N. Apple Juice" and it made it through the validations. We received calls at corporate from upset customers because we were selling Effin' Apple Juice all over the country.
  • Rambo and Bambi 2 - we had DVD displays for Rambo (2008) throughout the chain and on the display, it said, "This Time, There Will Be Blood". Well, in one store, someone grabbed all the Bambi II DVDs from the clearance bin and put it on the Rambo display so it essentially read: "Bambi II; this time, there will be blood"

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This may not be the exact same vein for this thread, nor, like @bwhite220 do I have photographic evidence of it, but since Betty White reminded me of it, I'm going to post it. A few years back there was an apple orchard near Albuquerque that was famous for it's Pink Champagne apples. Sadly, it wound up being completely wiped out by a mudslide during a flood or something. Anyway, that is not the point. The point is that the apples, and their apple cider, was pretty famous around town. You couldn't even get those apples unless you were there in the first couple days of harvest, and the line of cars up the single lane road to get into the place (it was tucked away in a little mountain crevasse) would be several hours long. But for a couple weeks during the fall, our chef would proudly feature products from the orchard (being a fancy farm-to-table type place) and I absolutely LOVED telling people we were serving suckling pig braised with Dixon Cider.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
This may not be the exact same vein for this thread, nor, like @bwhite220 do I have photographic evidence of it, but since Betty White reminded me of it, I'm going to post it. A few years back there was an apple orchard near Albuquerque that was famous for it's Pink Champagne apples. Sadly, it wound up being completely wiped out by a mudslide during a flood or something. Anyway, that is not the point. The point is that the apples, and their apple cider, was pretty famous around town. You couldn't even get those apples unless you were there in the first couple days of harvest, and the line of cars up the single lane road to get into the place (it was tucked away in a little mountain crevasse) would be several hours long. But for a couple weeks during the fall, our chef would proudly feature products from the orchard (being a fancy farm-to-table type place) and I absolutely LOVED telling people we were serving suckling pig braised with Dixon Cider.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!