What's new

Where do you brows for new shaving gear?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Not too tricky of a question, where do you like to shop/brows for new cream, gear, brushes, lotions, whatever...

I think the obvious answer is "on another forum," but the whole point of having this section here is so that we could pool our knowledge HERE, instead of having to head out into the uncharted regions of the internet. My hope here is to build a list of places to brows/buy.

Long Ashes and Close shaves,

Sean

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Sean,

I've been buying everything from Amaz on.

Cant beat having the reviews there. And honestly, customer services is always pretty great.

I unfortunately dont have a local shop or anything that sells any hardware, so this was my only option. And its paid out great.

Best of luck!
-Chrisso

EDIT: Check out brandons post below. They are a site sponsor.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm currently in the process of picking out my first DE safety razor, so I'll be checking in on this to see what everyone says (currently looking to buy from West Coast Shaving, seems to have fair prices and selection).

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I think Amaz on has the best overview if you want to look at a lot of items at once. To me once you set a budget, a lot of it has to due with the feel of the razor, and that's were reviews are invaluable; long or short handle, light or heavy weight, was the handle hard to grip with wet hands, aggressive or mild shave, etc. It's why I recommend brothers start on the cheap, then once they get a feel move up. Hard to tell without some experience if you want something with a little longer handle, or a little heavier weight.

Once you get an overview, there are a ton of great online shops (inc our own sponsor) to buy from!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I did the Amazon route for my first purchase, but I am starting to think that West Coast and Shavingcreams.com (owned by site-sponsor Cigar King) might be worth checking out.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Our site, ShavingCreams.com sells through Amazon as well for the same prices you will find directly through us, so keep that in mind. In addition, we do free shipping for anything over $25 when you order from ShavingCreams.com.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Our site, ShavingCreams.com sells through Amazon as well for the same prices you will find directly through us, so keep that in mind. In addition, we do free shipping for anything over $25 when you order from ShavingCreams.com.
They have a neat selection to look through. The only thing that I didn't see (and maybe I missed it) was a blade sampler. I still want to get a few more supplies (tired of moving between RV, House, and luggage) so I have 3 full sets, so I plan to support the people that support the site.

Assuming they carry what I can find on Amazon, so I can get reviews first.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We carry quite a selection here at ShavingCreams.com but not everything, that's for sure. There is soooo much out there it would be near impossible for us to carry it all, but we do our best to bring in things we know are in demand.

MPB

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I may be a little late to the conversation, but I thought I'd put in my $0.02... I'm not saying any one site is better than the other - it's all good! :applause: However, I find myself on Bullgoose and Italian Barber more often than not. I am a huge fan of the RazoRock line, especially the Artisan soaps (i.e. Zi Peppino). Here in the Houston area, there's a shop to go to for a good hands/nose on evaluation called the British Isles. I wish there were more brick and mortar shops tailored to the wet shaving community. :dunno: