What's new

Where do you shoot?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I finally made it out to the local IWLA (Isaac Walton League of America) range yesterday to get some practice in. It's only 10-15 minutes from my house but while Dad was here I wasn't able to get out there. I flang about 150 rds of 9mm downrange and smoked a H Upmann Mag 46 compliments of 1f1fan. I had the range to myself, as usual, which is my preference since I grew up shooting out in the country and I don't have to worry about anyone elses gun safety.
When I can I like to get out at least once a month and my average range session will be about 150 rounds, but I've done as much as 500.

Where do you shoot?
Are you a member of IWLA or belong to any local gun clubs?
How often do you practice?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I usually shoot outside at my buddies or on my 100 acres of leased hunting land. Years ago, I was able to walk 50 yards to the ravine that seperates my house and my neighbors and shoot there. Then he moved and the new owners fenced in the ravine to put horses there...damn them!

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
They shoot horses dont they???

Just kidding....

My best friend is a very serious shooter.
Reloads his own bulletts and has a very inpressive collection of guns.

I sometimes go with him to a local range and he tries to teach me how to accuratly shoot.
I just want to blow shit up.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Haven't been out lately. Nothing really all that close (not all that far either, but hey) to me. And everything near by is indoors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually practice smallbore at the NRA range in Fairfax, VA. Haven't been for a while since my life had got in the way of my life. Training schedule is shot to sh!t for this season. Always next year. I'm also a member of Quantico Shooting Club. It's nice to get some 1000 yard time in once in a while.

It's kinda weird that I could shoot at more ranges in anti-gun Maryland than I can here in VA. All time favorite is the Hap Baker Firearms Facility in Westminster, MD. Only out to 200yds, but it's open during the week at times when most people are at work. There's also the AGC outside of Baltimore. Have to be a member of one of the clubs, but it's a pretty nice set up.

Don't shoot handgun much. Alot of indoor ranges in MD and VA to choose from.

See ya out there.
S.

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
My family has 1200 acres here in NOrthern Mississippi, we call it the compound, I go there to shoot and my dads company made us some interactive targets. Shigs, pepper poppers, moving targets, etc. It is more to teach my brothers and other family to shoot, but I still enjoy going out there and seeing how rusty I have gotted.

Typical shooting session for me is about 1500 rounds or so depending onthe weapons I take. I take 1 or 2 sub guns and the 3 to 5 pistols. You can go through 500 rounds in a HK M5k pretty darn quick.

Seg..

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Isn't it "under the sheets" or "between the sheets"? :wink:

Used to love playing those games at the local diners back home. They had those jukeboxes in each booth so we would add the above to the song names. Fun stuff.