What's new

Where to Dine in New Orleans?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, not sure about a connoisseur but I am a gourmand! Let me know what you want to eat, what part of town you will be in and what kind of budget you have. All bets are off for Mardi Gras though, with all the people in town you may be lucky to find a Lucky Dog on Bourbon street. Everything will be packed especially with the rain. You may want to check NOMENU.com Tom has a fairly good palate and you won't get a bad meal. I love Jacques Imo's on Oak by Carrolton but no telling how busy they will be

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Well, not sure about a connoisseur but I am a gourmand! Let me know what you want to eat, what part of town you will be in and what kind of budget you have. All bets are off for Mardi Gras though, with all the people in town you may be lucky to find a Lucky Dog on Bourbon street. Everything will be packed especially with the rain. You may want to check NOMENU.com Tom has a fairly good palate and you won't get a bad meal. I love Jacques Imo's on Oak by Carrolton but no telling how busy they will be
What’s up with all the cloudy rainy weather bro... I thought it was suns out guns out permanently here in the south!

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Coming in on Second week of March, We made reservations at the famous Commanders for dinner. Looking to taste the flavors of new Orleans.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Coming in on Second week of March, We made reservations at the famous Commanders for dinner. Looking to taste the flavors of new Orleans.
I believe that's where Chicory coffee was first served, I'd recommend that if you are a coffee drinker. The food was so-so when I was there, it's more about the pomp and circumstance.

Best food I had in the French Quarter was at NOLA. Some off the hook options on the daily specials, including rabbit, alligator sausage and so much more.

Too many great options to mention if you get out of the FQ.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The most famous places are generally not the best. New Orleans working man food fit for a visitor try Mandina's or Katies just a couple of blocks over bothoOn the Canal street car line Jacquese Imo new Orleans funky with great food, try the alligator cheesecake, Eggplant boat, fried chicken. Take the St Charles street car to Carrolton and catch another car or walk a couple of blocks. Careful after dark. Stanley's by Jackson Square for Breakfast, like oysters for breakfast? Do not forget Donuts and coffee at Café Du Monde in the Quarter, Muffalotta at Central Grocery in the same area and sandwiches at Café Maspero or a hamburger at Port of Call on Elysian Fields at the edge of the quarter. Poboys at Parkway Tavern closer to City Park and New Orleans Museum of Art. Like Icehog said, easier to tell me what you want or what part of town you want to visit. Commanders is a elegant experience. Emeril's Delmonico for fine dining on St. Charles

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I loved Dickie Brennan's when I was there and the bartender made one of the best Old Fashion's I have had. Cafe DuMonde is a must as well. The Cigar Factory is a cool spot (the one in FQ, not on Bourbon Street). The WW2 museum is definitely worth some time too.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that's where Chicory coffee was first served, I'd recommend that if you are a coffee drinker. The food was so-so when I was there, it's more about the pomp and circumstance.

Best food I had in the French Quarter was at NOLA. Some off the hook options on the daily specials, including rabbit, alligator sausage and so much more.

Too many great options to mention if you get out of the FQ.
Sure, coffee we really enjoy twin engine coffee. Thanks for th