What's new

Where to Start?

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
20181004_195052.jpg 20181004_105140.jpg 20181004_105130.jpg 20181004_105121.jpg 20181004_105110.jpg Ok, so thanks to the nuke that @akpreacherplayz dropped on me, I've been rocketed into the pipe world. I'm gearing up to attempt to pack and light my first ever pipe this weekend. He sent me a solid variety of tobacco to try, and a nice corn cob. I've done the reading I could so now I'm asking for opinions on the rest.

What I've learned so far:
Going to use the three pinch method
False light (picked up a right angle butane torch for a buck on clearance, circular motion draw the heat into the tobacco)
True light
Puff away
Be prepared to relight a bunch
Smoke it all the way down
Use ash to build a cake when I'm done
Run a couple pipe cleaners through after the pipe cools

Questions I still have:
Which order should I try these baccys?
On the coins do I break the up or like fold and push them in?

I looked up all of these and they all seem to be Virginia/Perique blends (VaPer? Is that the common abbreviation?) With one of them having some latakia?

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like to rub out or grind up flakes as I find it's much easier to smoke. Try the Luxury Twist, it's a nice mellow Virginia, tasty stuff.
Awesome, sounds like a good place to start as any :) how does the resting of a pipe go? I read somewhere to rest them a day for each bowl plus one? How many bowls can I smoke in a day without risking damage?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Awesome, sounds like a good place to start as any :) how does the resting of a pipe go? I read somewhere to rest them a day for each bowl plus one? How many bowls can I smoke in a day without risking damage?
Really don't need to worry about that much with a cob. If you smoke several bowls back to back, your tongue will definitely not be happy...lol. Briars need to rest, they say at least 24 hours, but I will smoke 2-3 bowls in a briar back to back or throughout the day with no problem. I generally smoke a different pipe the next day.

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Really don't need to worry about that much with a cob. If you smoke several bowls back to back, your tongue will definitely not be happy...lol. Briars need to rest, they say at least 24 hours, but I will smoke a couple of bowls in a briar back to back with no problem. I generally smoke a different pipe the next day.
Gotcha, well that's good. The better half put the shot across the bow about leaf related spending this morning so I was hoping I didnt need to get a bunch more pipes lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some really great tobaccos there. The best thing I can say is just to keep at it. The first couple weeks I started smoking a pipe were a little rough. A lot of relighting and tongue bite. But now I really love it. I pack it and keep it lit without having to even think about it. Dunhill early morning pipe is my favorite and I hope you enjoy it.

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice beatdown!!

Kick back and enjoy the pipe slope!! And remember to gently tamp the tobacco down in the bowl as you smoke it.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Noted, this is to help push the ember down into the unburnt baccy right?

You have some really great tobaccos there. The best thing I can say is just to keep at it. The first couple weeks I started smoking a pipe were a little rough. A lot of relighting and tongue bite. But now I really love it. I pack it and keep it lit without having to even think about it. Dunhill early morning pipe is my favorite and I hope you enjoy it.
I look forward to it, it seems to have very good reviews. Probably make a cup of earl gray to go with it. As far as tongue bite goes, is that from the smoke or hot moisture hitting your tongue of you get moisture build up? If it is the latter I'm not too worried, I vape as an alternate and replacement to chewing and get unauthorized juice once in a while that stings a bit lol

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0