What's new

Which AR?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
help me understand why someone would need an ar-15? no, am I'm not anti-gun. just curious, in fact, I'm even entertaining the idea of picking up one for myself.
For me, I needed one when I was in LE. Dropping in on dope patches, poaching camps, etc., something more than a shotgun was needed.

:yes:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
would they be better than a colt?
Yes. Most of the custom makers pay much more attention to detail whereas Colt is a production rifle. Colt is a very fine rifle and their quality is excellent, but your options are limited. However, unless you are looking for a lot of customization for your initial rifle, a Noveske or any other custom build would be overkill. "Better" may not be the best choice of words. I do not know who makes the lowers for Noveske and it does not state the maker on his site. Bottom line: if coin is not an option, then get something from Noveske or one of the other builders. There are several good ones. Remember that a customized rifle will likely cost you 2 - 3 times what a stock Colt will cost.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently bought a Bustmaster M4 ORC (Optics Ready Carbine [flat-top, no sights]) for a great price (700). If you are planning on adding an Eotech anyways, that might be the way to go. However, as has been said the new S/W weapon comes with the flat-top, BUIS, and railed front end, however, I'm not sure of the cost on those. On the Bushmaster I started with the base price of $700, added the flip up BUIS for another $80, and a Knights RAIS for another $60, so for $840 I got a pretty sweet setup. So compare that with the S/W and go from there. I don't have any operational or range experience with the S/W, but I have used the BM and FN M4s on range and field.

drew

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Another reason for getting one, there are a lot of great competitions available for this style of rifle. Including nationals held at Camp Perry.

I'm seriously looking at getting myself one of these in the near future and picking up the M-1Garand again as well for competition.