What's new

Which brand of Habanos makes the best Pyramid/Torpedo?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Experienced smokers know that the Torpedo is the flagship cigar of the brand. The size is more difficult to roll calling for more experienced torcedores. The shape of the Violeta also requires higher quality tobacco to form the tip. That being said which is your favorite? The Montecristo No. 2 is highly regarded even called the "best cigar in the world". My opinion not even close. Montecristo Pyramid in my opinion is good but average in the realm of Habanos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Experienced smokers know that the Torpedo is the flagship cigar of the brand. The size is more difficult to roll calling for more experienced torcedores. The shape of the Violeta also requires higher quality tobacco to form the tip. That being said which is your favorite? The Montecristo No. 2 is highly regarded even called the "best cigar in the world". My opinion not even close. Montecristo Pyramid in my opinion is good but average in the realm of Habanos.

Bolivar- Poderosos (Regional Benelux) is probably the best I have had. 180mm X 54

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I prefer the Party P2 - also, if we are counting belis in this, I love the RyJ Beli

meant to cop a box of the LGC and the Boli REs but never got around to it
Yeah I am including Belicosos but not solomons. The Bolivar RE Poderosos were excellent flavor but did have uneven burn issues

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Monte 2s are garbage. And I don't know if I agree with them requiring better tobacco... look at the crap habanos is releasing... they have no standards for tobacco ATM imo.

With that being said...
1. LGC 5ta Avenida German Regional
2. Partagas P2
3. Upmann 2

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I usually use my pointy cutter which turns my CoRos into a torpedo shape. You get better smoke and flavor out of them. #forthewin

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving this thread as I also prefer pointy ended cigras.
Agree HU #2 is very good, disagree all Monte 2's are crap.
Haven't seen a shout out for Dip 2 but that is my "everyday" torp.
I hate to admit that the Cohiba - Piramides Extra I have from '12 are pretty damn fine, but probably not worth the premium.
I normally love VR, but have not been blown away by the '15 Unicos I have. Not bad, just not special yet.
I tend to prefer the slightly gentler cigars so find Party 2's a little strong for me, but could understand why many would love them...very nice
A while ago in another thread I said I would never buy Sancho Panza - Belicosos again, but maybe I got a bad one or two, maybe they were going through a bad period, but that box has turned around and lately have been really nice.
A couple of years ago I "blind" bought a box of Saint Luis Rey - Pacificos not knowing they were an RE from '09...I just knew I liked SLR and I liked Pirimides. OMG they are awesome and now I'm hoarding them.
Similar story on some Juan Lopez - Seleccion No.4.
Always on the lookout for Piramides.
Trout

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From the OP: "Experienced smokers know that the Torpedo is the flagship cigar of the brand."

Hardly. The "flagship" Cohiba is the Esplendido; the "flagship" Partagas is arguably either the Lusitania or the SD4. Same for H Upmann and Hoyo de Monterrey and the list goes on - the torpedo is not their "flagship" cigar.

That said, if we're talking torpedos, I'll take a Partagas Series P No 2 over most others.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
No SCDLH la punta love? Hated my '13 box, really digging the newer one.

Also Dip 2s are excellent smokes

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk