What's new

Which if these are good young?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the habanos I bought I smoked two so far. I thought montecristo #2 was not so good and I liked the RASS better. I received them all about five weeks ago.

Which of the below are good young? I just bought singles or doubles so I want to sample them in order to decide what to buy a box of. I did some research but didn't find much. Someone said bolivar is good young. Someone else said RASS are good young, and then someone else said they're not

Also, is there a way to buy singles of habanos with some age on them, even if that's more expensive? Seems this would be the proper way to sample them.

PSD4
Bolivar Belicoso fino
Partagas Lusitania
Montecristo Edmundo
Montecristo petite Edmundo
Montecristo #4
Cohiba robusto

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Petit edmundos would be my recommendation of that list.

Aside from the list I'd recommend Romeo y Julieta short churchills or ex no 4 for a good young smoke

Monte 2s and RASS young are horrible.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the habanos I bought I smoked two so far. I thought montecristo #2 was not so good and I liked the RASS better. I received them all about five weeks ago.

Which of the below are good young? I just bought singles or doubles so I want to sample them in order to decide what to buy a box of. I did some research but didn't find much. Someone said bolivar is good young. Someone else said RASS are good young, and then someone else said they're not

Also, is there a way to buy singles of habanos with some age on them, even if that's more expensive? Seems this would be the proper way to sample them.

PSD4
Bolivar Belicoso fino
Partagas Lusitania
Montecristo Edmundo
Montecristo petite Edmundo
Montecristo #4
Cohiba robusto
Number1 in your list is my choice

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I think it's really a personal preference. I don't think the BBF is bad young, but it could use age in my opinion. PSD4 is pretty good young but is phenomenal with some age. RyJ Short Churchill is ok young as well but definitely better as it ages. It all comes down to your individual tastes though.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I would smoke them in this order, although unless you're waiting a while between smokes I'm not sure it'll make that much difference:
Monte 4
Petit Edmundo
PSD4
BBF
CoRo
Lusi

Do you have any idea what the box codes are?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the box codes as I got them in singles. I realize now (from being more informed) that I should have asked when I bought them. I guess I can ask now, but not sure if they'll want to bother at this point.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
relax and enjoy.
none of them are awful young,and you need to learn the difference and watch your cigars age.
if you can wait,that is................

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but my main point is the ones I've had so far were not that good. I didn't like them nearly as much as the NCs that I like. So if this is what they are, I wouldn't buy them again. But I'm assuming that this is not what they are, that they need to aged.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those saying that in general CCs need to be aged, how did you get so into CCs? Seems most people don't buy singles, so did you just buy boxes and then wait a year before you could smoke them? How did you know what to buy boxes of? Is there a way to get singles that are already aged so I can figure out what I like?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
For those saying that in general CCs need to be aged, how did you get so into CCs? Seems most people don't buy singles, so did you just buy boxes and then wait a year before you could smoke them? How did you know what to buy boxes of? Is there a way to get singles that are already aged so I can figure out what I like?

I bought boxes and then boxes and listened to those who knew more and learned. Also bought fivers from friends etc. Btw, a year is not aging

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. Yeah, I meant a year as a minimum. If I wait longer than that to start I'll never get into CCs.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
it is a given that NCs can cloud your palate, and that CCs are more nuanced and less intense .
If you smoke NCs daily or more you can overwhelm your tastebuds. I have done this many times.
If they are too moist, CCs do not perform well, they need to be stored at a lower %.

some people never appreciate Cuban cigars.
Don't feel that you have to like them, or have to wait on them.
Keep on smoking what you like ...............:cool:

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
it is a given that NCs can cloud your palate, and that CCs are more nuanced and less intense .
If you smoke NCs daily or more you can overwhelm your tastebuds. I have done this many times.
If they are too moist, CCs do not perform well, they need to be stored at a lower %.

Well said Tommy :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks. I love smoking my NCs so I wouldn't stress it if I don't like Cubans. But I've only had two of them (since I've really been smoking) and both were young. In regards to some of my favorite NCs, I'd be surprised if I found Cubans I like better. But the fact that so many people say that Cubans are the best makes me want to see what the fuss is all about.

I smoke once a week so I wouldn't think I've ruined my palate. And I do enjoy milder cigars once in a while. But I definitely do enjoy the nic kick that some of the NCs give me.