What's new

Which is best for growing cigar storage?

What is the easiest way to store larger amounts of cigars? Think of price, setup, and maintenance.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Post comments or suggestions below.
I love my desk tops but there is only so much counter space in my apartment. I would love to grow the hobby, that just happens the longer you spend with the hobby. But more desktops are out of the question. I was thinking cooler, but what's best, I'm looking for experience and opinions.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Broadleaf I will give you a piece of advice that everyone here will agree with. There is never enough storage more you grow the more cigars you get the more storage you will need it is a vicious cycle. Coolidor or winedor are good choices. What is the budget you are looking at?

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Broadleaf I will give you a piece of advice that everyone here will agree with. There is never enough storage more you grow the more cigars you get the more storage you will need it is a vicious cycle. Coolidor or winedor are good choices. What is the budget you are looking at?
The wine fridges are easy to come by on craigslist. My thinking on that was then I would need to find fans and figure out how to maintain humidity in it. Cooler seems real easy to set up. Bust a few cedar boxes and throw humidity gel or bovedas in it. And your off and running. At that point I thought, what's the difference between Tupperware and a cooler. Just looking for opinions genuinely. I could pull either of them off, a wineador just seems complicated to set up. I have looked at some of the set up threads. I am not a real sharp tech guy so yeah haha, I guess thats why I was leaning back toward the cooler. Wondering which is the most efficient and practical.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The wine fridges are easy to come by on craigslist. My thinking on that was then I would need to find fans and figure out how to maintain humidity in it. Cooler seems real easy to set up. Bust a few cedar boxes and throw humidity gel or bovedas in it. And your off and running. At that point I thought, what's the difference between Tupperware and a cooler. Just looking for opinions genuinely. I could pull either of them off, a wineador just seems complicated to set up. I have looked at some of the set up threads. I am not a real sharp tech guy so yeah haha, I guess thats why I was leaning back toward the cooler. Wondering which is the most efficient and practical.
If you open your wineador every day. You won't need the fans. :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a coolerador but I've packed so much into it that I can hardly see what I have so I use it for storage mostly and when my tupperadors get low I draw from the coolerador.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
i dont have fans in my wineador, RH is pretty steady but i think im gonna add the ETC and some fans because it tends to drop when the cooler is on, which is all the time. right now its unplugged. im going to vote for wineador because im scared of beetles.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i dont have fans in my wineador, RH is pretty steady but i think im gonna add the ETC and some fans because it tends to drop when the cooler is on, which is all the time. right now its unplugged. im going to vote for wineador because im scared of beetles.
Beetles are more likely in a cooler? Are beetles less likely in a wineador because temperature is held a colder constant (like 65 degrees)?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That's what I had to do, once I found the right ETC unit it was really easy to hook up.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I have no need for temp control. Unless there's such thing as too cold. Basement is a steady 54-64F year round. Tupperdors are great, but for a good seal, you need to stick to smaller than cooler sizes or add your own seal.
Coolers seal up tightly, prevent rapid temperature swings, and allow large volume for storage.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'm at the point where the wineador is full, the desktop is full, and the tupperdor is overflow. I'm keeping the CC's in the wineador, and the my nc boxes in the tupperdor downstairs where it usually stays under 72° F, and then the stuff I'm planning on smoking in the next few weeks goes in the desktop. It's all about the rotation. I use 4 bovedas in the tupperdor (it was the cheapest to setup as the container cost me like $12 at Target), use HF beads in the Wineador, and 2 bovedas in the desktop.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I want a wineador because they look nice. A cooler isn't pretty but I finally had to put mine to use and it works perfectly. This will hold me over until I save up for the wineador and get my basement finished. Tupperware has worked for me to in the past but the cooler seems to work better. I run a Cigar Oasis Excel in mine and have no issues.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
GO BIG. You will outgrow every possible storage solution. I have to use cooled units because it's hot in AZ. 1 wine cooler turns into 3, then converted a freezer. Still think I need a second freezer, but don't know where to put it.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
GO BIG. You will outgrow every possible storage solution. I have to use cooled units because it's hot in AZ. 1 wine cooler turns into 3, then converted a freezer. Still think I need a second freezer, but don't know where to put it.
I've seen the freezer conversion mentioned before, was it hard to convert it? i have no need for it now but once i settle into a house im sure i will need more space.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Freezer is better insulated than a wine cooler. Drilled a hole through the top for the etc probe. Filled it with cigars and some beads. It's rock solid 68 degrees and 63%rh. Compressor maybe kicks on once every 2-3 hours for less than a minute.