What's new

Which player?

cigarMVP

More Vegueros (or Gurkhas) Please
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Have had my eyes on a Pro-Ject VT-E for awhile now. But people keep recommending the AudioTechinca LP120. Do any of you guys have experience with Pro-Ject in general, and if so, what do you think? LP120 or the VT-E?

The Pro-Ject is a little more expensive but I really like the unique vertical or wall mount design.

cigarMVP

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you like the vertical look then the VT-E is the way to go. I own the LP-120 and freaking love it.
I do... I thought about the Bluetooth version because I wanted to hang it on the wall and didn't want the cords showing. But Bluetooth kind of ruins the whole point of LP.

You switched out the pickup the LP-120 came with or still have it?

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I do... I thought about the Bluetooth version because I wanted to hang it on the wall and didn't want the cords showing. But Bluetooth kind of ruins the whole point of LP.

You switched out the pickup the LP-120 came with or still have it?
Yeah, Bluetooth defeats the purpose in my opinion. That being said, you can get a receiver or powered speakers that also have Bluetooth and then you can connect your phone to it but still plug your turntable in.

As for the pickup, I assume you are talking about the cartridge. I did upgrade it to the Ortofon 2M Red a while back but I damaged it 2 years ago and went back to the one that came with the LP-120. I need to upgrade it again but I'm happy with the sound I'm getting out of it so it's not real high on the priority list.

cigarMVP

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I see. The Pro-Ject comes with an OM5e, not too bad. Damn, decisions decisions haha...

If the difference in price was higher I probably would have went for the LP-120 and spent more on speakers instead, because the LP-120 seems to be great value for its price. But right now leaning more toward the Pro-Ject