RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so what do ya like?

my preferred method - on the rocks with a splash of ginger ale

my preferred bottles - ANY.

Ok, limited experience... but in order-

Bourbons

Booker's - supposedly the only "uncut" bourbon, it's expensive. Damn good, but a rare treat this one.

Knob Creek - Very flavorfull! It's still expensive, but this one is worth the price of admission. It's pretty much the bottle i'd request, all things, including value, considered.

Maker's Mark - This took a bit of getting used to. Couple glasses, almost straight, and the beginning was a bit rough, with an odd medicinal taste. This faded however, and i enjoyed the stuff overall. Needs revisiting.... but i'd still rate it high, because it was potent and good tasting.

Jim Beam Black - half the price as Knob, and less potent flavor... perhaps not half as much, but a step down to be sure. This is a damn fine daily drinker tho, because it's smooth, affordable, and overall very plesant tasting... not to mention, available almost anywhere, including Duty-Free shops.

Canadian

Canadian Club 10yr Reserve - this is not so common i guess. It's very mild, and a tad too much splash can obliterate the taste altogether. However, it's exceptionally smooth IMO, great for a beginner, and not like regular CC at all. Perfect whiskey for those who want to drink "easy" or those afraid of whiskey in general. It's very good, and very cheap, just not recommended for those seeking potency.

I'd love other recommendations...
Also on my list to try...
Crown Royal Reserve, Buffalo Trace, and Gentleman Jack.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I was given a couple bottles of Makers Mark for Christmas by a customer and that was my first foray into upper end red liquor. Great stuff.
Most all the good red liquor is made real close to me here in Kentucky but I just never had a taste for it. This stuff changed my mind.