What's new

Whiskey/Liquor Afficianados

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just wondering if anyone can provide a list of good whiskey's...I am contemplating getting me a bottle or 2 in the near future(to drink while I smoke a cigar)...I used to drink alot of Jack Daniels...never had any scotches...and would like a list of the good stuff that I may pick one or 2 out for my possible purchase in the future...I tend to smoke full flavored...strong type cigars...with an occasional Cusano 18 Double Connie as my goto mild cigar if that helps you in making a list of whiskey's for me to look at...thanks for looking....len

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is what I drink:

Michter's Bourbon
Woodford's Reserve Bourbon

Glenfidditch 12 year Scotch
Balvenie 12 yr Doublewood Scotch

They are all delicious. I particularly like the Balvenie for Scotch and the Michter's for bourbon

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I cut my teeth on Jim Beam, but i'm guessin you looking for something slightly smoother

Crown Royal. Any of the special limited lines are great. And the XR is worth every penny if you can afford it. Special occasion stuff

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I like scotch and have tried a couple of bourbons, but I don't dig on the bourbon as much as I like my scotch!

Right now I got a glass of Aberfeldy 12y/o and it's a really good drink if you can get a bottle.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I have started to really get into bourbons within the past year. Rum used to be my libation of choice but I've found myself gravitating towards bourbons. Some choices off the top of my head.

Woodford Reserve
Eagle Rare 10 and 17 year (outstandingly smoooooth)
Pappy van Winkle
Elijah Craig
4 Roses

As Joshua said, any of the Buffalo Trace bourbons are great! Currently I'm working my way through a bottle of Weller!!!!!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I like Knob Creek the best.
For $11, you can get a fifth of Ezra Brooks. REAL sweet, smooth bourbon. Recently I have been drinking Ezra primarily. It's an awesome bourbon, especially for the price! I also like Buffalo Trace and Stagg and Jack, of course.

TYLER

Patch58

Hospital Slave Labor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In no particular order

Knob Creek
4 Roses Single Batch
Maker's Mark
Sazerac Rye 18yr
Buffalo Trace
George T Stagg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just finished off a bottle of Maker's Mark (1.75). Had it for a while and was mainstay while smoking on the patio.

Just bought Woodford, waiting to try it.