What's new

Whole beans from the grocery store

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My wife bought some "8 Oclock Coffee" whole beans from the grocery store because we like to grind ours on the weekend. It's just not bold enough on the flavor so I had to throw a couple extra beans in there. So my question is, of the whole beans you can usually find in most grocery stores what is the best or pretty good? Which brands do you like?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peet's French Roast, Sumatra and Major Dickason's Blend are nice dark roast beans that can work both as traditional drip or as a crema coffee.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I found that 8 O'clock is pretty terrible once I started buying a little higher end stuff. There are some good coffee masters around here that can really point you in the right direction. I actually enjoy coffee from La Columbee. It costs a bit more but it's basically fair trade so the farmers supposedly make more money from it. I'd never had coffee that I enjoyed without cream or sugar until I tried theirs.

http://www.lacolombe.com/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the current line up in our crib. Then again, perhaps a 50-year old should not be using the term "Crib".

Left to Right: Local Roast Espresso, Fair trade blend my wife likes, Godiva Chocolate Truffle, Godiva French vanilla, Peets French Roast, Peets Sumatra, Peets Italian Roast.