What's new

Why are Montecristo C's still available?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Is there something undesirable about this particular cigar? It appears to be the only 2003 EL still available. I have smoked the D, and I love it - will I be equally happy with the C? Any advice would be appreciated.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I haven't had one, but the reviews are coming in a bit stonger as it gets a bit of age on them. Maybe it'll be worth it to sit on a for a few more years...

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
pharmgator said:
Is there something undesirable about this particular cigar? It appears to be the only 2003 EL still available. I have smoked the D, and I love it - will I be equally happy with the C? Any advice would be appreciated.
When the C was first introduced it was accompanyed by a lot of mixed reviews. I suspect sales where not subtantial.

I recall being in the minority and liking this cigar when introduced.

The Cs are smoking better now than when released - no surprise there. I liek the size and the cigar in general.

The D is impressive in that it is an EL that I enjoyed ROTT.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I too happen to like the Monti C. I think it's a very nice size and getting better and better as it's gotten a bit more age on it. I've liked this cigar since I first got them almost a year and a half ago.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Also, when these were first released, they were priced "out of the market". I believe something like over $400 for a box of corona gordas. Ridiculous.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I liked the only 1 I smoked. They are discounted heavily everywhere now because they priced-out the market when released.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea I enjoyed the one that I had as well. but really not enough to buy a whole box...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've smoked maybe 6 and I've enjoyed them but I know people that have had bad experiences with them, both contruction and taste. I think the fact that they have mixed review is enough to keep people away from an expensive cigar.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
With the exception of the D, the Monte EL's have all gotten mostly bad reviews when first released, but as they age, they begin to come into their own. My box of C's won't be opened up for another 5 years or so. They should be pretty good then!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that they are much nicer now than when they were released. The problem (in my opinion ) is that Habanos lauched too many things in a very short period of time......and......they are too expensive to compete with other LE's that were launched!!!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks guys - I went ahead with the order. Also add ERdM choix supreme (hopefully not to light for my tastes), Montecristo D, And RyJ Hermosos #2 - what do you guys know about these?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice medium body cigar with some fruitiness in it. They grow on you and some really get going in the middle. I like this one late morning with coffee.