What's new

"Why did they cut my cigars in half?"

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Government = SNAFU

Agencies that don't communicate, if one agency already cleared something they should mark them or let other agencies know they have been cleared, not to have some yahoo in another agency say "hey wait those could have drugs in them" and start hacking away, after as the dog goes, maybe they didn't want it to get cancer? (sarcasm) I'd really like to think this is some of the over regulation that is harming small businesses that one of the candidates is talking about, things that need to be removed so that small businesses can thrive and not go under, actually this is the perfect example of that. We all know why the FDA is doing all of this, it's about more taxes, this time the tax is in the form of paperwork, testing, certifications, etc,. all things that manufacturers are going to have to pay the government for and that is just another tax while stifling small business.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
He needs to start a Fund Me account and take it to court. There may even be a few cigar loving attorneys who would donate their services. There is NO WAY this should be allowed to happen in the America we love. Or at least used to, but things are getting scary IMO. Being in my 60's I remember when things were very different.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
same shit just happened to my latest custom order this last wed.
cuban customs lady grabbed one of the monsdales and broke the foot rolling it in her hand inspecting it.
It is still smokable , but the foot is all ripped up .:mad:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right, but I still think he did a good job showing how the FDA regulations affect his business as well, and how overreaching and ridiculous they are.
It's better for all of us to show actual direct impact that the crapass FDA has on our beloved hobby than to use straw-man arguments that can be dismissed. To think that there will never be a new cigar is insanity.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It's better for all of us to show actual direct impact that the crapass FDA has on our beloved hobby than to use straw-man arguments that can be dismissed. To think that there will never be a new cigar is insanity.
He never posited that there can't be a new cigar, he said trying to sell the half-cigars he received would be illegal unless they were submitted through the substantial equivalency process, which is true.

The point is, he's illustrating how the FDA ties the hands of manufacturers and retailers.