What's new

Why do you like cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the taste of cigars what do you like best about them. For me it has to be the smoke. I love to watch it just float out of my mouth. It's just so free. It goes where it wants and moves the way it wants to move.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Easy...it makes me take time out to be Rob. When I'm smoking a cigar I'm not someones significant other...not Dad...not anyting except me. It's a hard concept to explain, but I didn't realize that I wasn't making time for myself until I took up cigars full time.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
To mainly relax and have time to myself when I'm at home. Or to shoot the shit with the guys at the B&M.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I love the variety of the cigars, the enjoyment and brotherhood, the collecting and the art of smoking

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Yoink, I know what you mean about the smoke. I was mesmerized the other evening to the point of the cigar almost going out by watching the smoke curl and dance off of the end of the cigar. I was on my balcony and the evening light was hitting it just right so that the smoke was a blue color and it just spun and spiraled in a lazy sort of way.

Like others have said, my cigar time is my time and I can relax and unwind...no sense trying to hurry through a nice cigar.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I like cigar smoking for many reasons. First, It reminds me of good times. When I smoke I remember places, people, events while smoking. Second, I love the actual collecting of cigars and then sharing of those cigars. I love sharing a CC with a dear friend and watching their face. I like smoking because it brings people closer together. When you are sitting across from a BOTL and you are both enjoying a superb cigar and terrific conversation there is very little better. Last but not least it's something that just I enjoy. It isn't a family event, or a love letter written to the wife it's pure simple endulgance for me. It's a bit of escape.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
What I like BEST about cigars is the social atmosphere.

But besides that, I like the subtle nuances of flavor, examining the differences between cigars, being enveloped by the smoke, talking out my ass about the myraid of cigar related topics, seeking new cigars, looking at my stash, sharing with friends, etc...

Crap, the list is endless!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I only smoke when I have time to really sit down and enjoy the cigar. I smoke to relax and really sort of hit a re-set button. I found that since I started having a cigar, I don't have the backaches I used to have...no stress. Sort of like Rob said, it's "me" time.

nice thread!

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
From the first swisher sweet in highschool I was able to realy "taste" the cigar when all my buddies were just smoken them. I found that I truely enjoyed the aroma, taste and just the relazation that goes along with smoke. Later I found that the I love the franternity of smokers and all the social aspects that goes along with smoking a fine cigar or pipe. It allows me to take time for me and me alone. I have also found that when you are married, very little becomes truelly yours and yours alone. Cigars is one of the few things that allows me that pleasure of having that individuality. Over all, its a passion that can be all consuming and is an activity that i always look forward too. Plus all the great reason already stated in this thread.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Cigars slow me down and remind me of the good life. You really cant rush a cigar. It takes time to enjoy thoroughly and completely. The socail interaction is also a big part but even alone with a good cigar, I'm in heaven.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Exactly what has been mentioned above... Well again except for the weed...

I refuse to smoke unless I have time to actually sit down and enjoy the whole cigar, that is one of the reasons that I do not smoke as much now as I used to, or as much as I would like, but that is the reason that I keep being drawn to it...