What's new

Wierd Science

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I read an article several years ago that put forth an interesting theory.
It's an immutable law of nature that a cat will always land on it's feet no matter what position or height it is dropped from. Likewise, a piece of buttered toast will always land butter side down when dropped. Therefore, if one were to strap a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it, the opposing forces would counteract each other causing the whole kit and caboodle to defy gravity and spin approximately 8 to 10 inches above the floor. Pretty cool, huh?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I proved that cat one false once in HS. I found that if you threw a cat in the air over a large pool of water in a barnyard it will not land on its feet. We repeated the test over a dry surface and it landed on its feet every time.

Also, a cat with no tail, the kind that usually likes to sleep on top of a warm engine near your cars fan belt also has balance problems when thrown in the air.

Those are the only two exceptions that I know of.

We were never able to determine if a cat inside a cardboard box which is ducttaped shut lands on it's feet either. I would be willing to give the buttered toast a whirl, but for some reason cats don't like me much.