What's new

Window AC for walk-in humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten my walk-in humidor framed and am getting ready to to drywall it so I can spray foam the walls and ceiling. I have a couple of candidates for humidification, but cooling is still an issue. The humidor will share three walls with my office, and the fourth will be shared with my shop. One option I’m considering is a small room AC in the shop wall but am concerned about excessive dehumidifcation. Has anyone used a window AC for a walk-in?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I haven’t used a window unit, what I got is a portable AC, sits on wheels and vents the hot exhaust out through a 5” flex duct out the window. This unit has a condensation tray built in with a drain line, if you keep the drain closed it uses the condensation to re-humidify the room. It keeps the room around 68-70 rh

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used a window unit, what I got is a portable AC, sits on wheels and vents the hot exhaust out through a 5” flex duct out the window. This unit has a condensation tray built in with a drain line, if you keep the drain closed it uses the condensation to re-humidify the room. It keeps the room around 68-70 rh
Brand/Model number?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Brand/Model number?
Toshiba RAC-PD1011CRU is what I’ve got, its actually done really well. Their are better ones on the market. This was an emergency purchase a couple of years ago when my central air went out and it was gonna be a few days before the ac guy could make it out, since I had already bought it I figured why not use it in the cigar room!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toshiba RAC-PD1011CRU is what I’ve got, its actually done really well. Their are better ones on the market. This was an emergency purchase a couple of years ago when my central air went out and it was gonna be a few days before the ac guy could make it out, since I had already bought it I figured why not use it in the cigar room!
Thanks