What's new

Window fan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If this is the wrong forum, please move... thanks!

Bought one of these yesterday...

http://electronics.bestgiftshopping.com/holmes-hawf3095-window-fan-with-accutemp-plus_B0001O2OKO_i.htm

I'm using it strictly as an exhaust fan in the backroom where i smoke. It does a pretty good job of removing the smoke. Especially if you are sitting within a few feet of it.

It will fit from 24 - 37" windows. Mine was around 35".

I would say that you will probably need to do some rigging on this thing if you want it to be airtight around it while sitting in the window. It would take less than 30 seconds to open the window, set this thing in and turn it on though so I'm thinking more along the lines of situational installation.

The wife was on the other side of the smallish room and said she could smell the gar right after I lit it, and occasionally caught a wiff while I smoked it, but by and large it tok the smoke immeditaly out of the room. Within minutes of the smoking session ending, she didn't smell any remnants.

Anyway... I picked mine up at the local Sears for $39.99.

So far so good!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have a couple of these thing and was thinking on using them for the same purpose. Curious to see if the smell goes away after several uses, keep us updated.

:smt025

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have to get one of these for my office in my house thats the only room I can smoke in and its small, opening the window does'nt really flow the air out to well. I need something smaller I have slider windows.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am really liking it. My set up has my chair sitting close to the window that I put the fan in. 5 minutes after I'm done with the cigar, there is no odor in the room. My wife keeps dragging guests in here and asking "can you smell cigar smoke?" all say no. :)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have them stupid crank out window's :(

So I just have a fan in front of one of them... only sortta works :(

Glad you like yours though... thats the same fan I used at my other place where that would actually fit in the window :)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
coastalwader said:
Well, if it allows you to smoke inside, I'd say it's working!
;-)
Heh... I think the only thing I have going for me is my wife's pitty, it's 30 below here :smt022

Works for now though :)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I was talking about these fans yesterday when we had some uncles, cousins, friends smoking in the basement. I wonder if they still have them. Or are there any other better ones out there?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice fan!
What's up with this review though? Am I having a dyslexic event or something?
My freakin' head is spinning trying to make sense out of this:

Our review:

* Amazon.com Review:
People who favor fans playing period travel conditioners sort to cognizance a dwelling breathe. A vantage framing fan is a complex quantity good fortune to a fan person, and doubly so if that fan can be aggregation to occurrence in two directions. safety the benefits yet again if that framing fan has figure fan blades, each of which can be aggregation either in or out. The Holmes HAWF3095 framing fan has those quadrupled benefits, and point in time some. There square measure figure 3-speed fans in the unit, each of which can be aggregation for air intake or exhaust, or for air exchange, when one blows in and figure out. In addition, there's a programmable digital regulator and timer, so the fan can shut off automatically when nights get too chilly. And of educational activity there is a herbaceous plant on/off mode, especially vantage with the travel conversation configuration.

travel itinerary is aggregation by mistreatment the sliding switches located subdivision each fan blade. The condition holdfast is used to curved shape the fan on and powerfulness the speed. The condition holdfast also cycles through figure automatic firearm regulator settings: motor vehicle High, Medium, and Low. There square measure figure additional somaesthesia improvement buttons to fine-tune the regulator to a news story status level. In addition, a horologe surround allows the fan to be programmed to curved shape on and off at one-hour increments playing period a playing period of as long as 16 hours. The HAWF3095 fits most windows, whether it be a casement, slider, or double-hung style. The fan can function either horizontally or vertically, and there square measure figure 3-inch extenders that can slide on at either or both ends to resource tailor the fan to most any window.

Always unplug fan before cleaning. usefulness a soft cloth moistened with a mild, nonabrasive cleanser solution. Do not usefulness gasoline, coat thinner, or benzene as a improvement solution; also do not allow liquid to flowing on or enter fan housing. The Holmes HAWF3095 framing fan measures 25 by 13 by 5-1/2 inches. (For certain casement windows, a specifically designed punctuation mark haw be required; upon request, Holmes consumer company supplies this punctuation mark people of charge, along with beginning instructions.) Holmes provides a five-year public transport pledge against defects in material and acquirement under practice usefulness conditions.