What's new

Wine Cooler...

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
All I know Is my situation sucks with my desktops and even my cooler. I need to look into a larger sized cooled unit that is $300 or less, basiclly a wine cooler. The temp and humidity during July and August will match most of you guy's locations in most of the country belive it or not.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Clay, that is the exact model I have. After running for months, I could control the temp with an external controlled like Sheep mentioned. Only thing is I ended up trading ($50 worth cigars) for an Oasis due to the TE fan seems to always run and I would not keep my RH above 60% with beads etc. If you go wine cooler, better get an active RH system vs a passive one would be my #1 recommendation. I bought my cooler from Ebay as a scratch and dent model as well. Make sure you buy one that described the damage accurately. The one I bought saved me a lot and is damaged only on the bottom and the rear.

Good luck lil buddy. PM or call me for additional information if you want.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
...the TE fan seems to always run and I would not keep my RH above 60% with beads etc. If you go wine cooler, better get an active RH system vs a passive one would be my #1 recommendation.
Hmmm...mine doesn't do that? :scratchhe I use beads and nothing else, and my humi sits at 64-65% just fine. The TE fan only kicks on every now and then...I dunno, maybe a couple times an hour? And it only runs for a few minutes at a time.

What's the ambient temp of the room your wine cooler is in, 'Banger?

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
just kick out the money for a real humi and be done with it. it's gonna cost more, but it's nice to have it done right and you have a job now, so.....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I will figure something out.. I got an oust fan and now i gotta get a new battery for my hygrometer and then we will see how bad i really need something

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
sorry to bump this, but tobby what did you decide to do?
I am looking into a wine cooler so I can store about a dozen boxes or so, nothing big or expensive just something small that i can tuck in the corner. I was thinking something like the 16 bottle Avanti thermoelectric wine cooler at target ($120). What do you think? Any suggestions. :dunno: Remember trying to keep it small and low cost.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I decided to be cheap and keep my cooler for the time being.. I can get by on the cooler until i can afford an Avallo