What's new

wine coolerdor?????

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Living in south Texas, I need something to keep them cool. I have found some thermoelectric 28 bottle coolers. How many boxes can you fit in one and what is the inside measurements. How does it work? Thanks Chris

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Lots of variables here Chris. Like which model you looking at? What size cigars do you buy? I have an Avanti 28 bottle EWC28 model I think. Has about 20 boxes and a couple cabs about all she will hold. Oh, mostly I am a PC person. Some mine are demi-tasse small and 1 is a churchill A/T. So I have a mix bag already size wise. PM sent as well.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I use a small Avanti 10 bottle cooler and it works great. It was all I could find at the time. I wish it was bigger, but it works so damn well I just don't want to hassle returning it.

I use humidication beads and the thing holds 65 degrees and 65 percent humidiity most of the time. Occasionally the humidity will jump to around 70 percent, but I just wet the beads a little and it drops back down (don't know why wetting them brings it down, but it seems to work that way).

Since the Avanti is thermoelectricially cooled and does not have a compressor it is very quiet. I will probably buy a larger one someday, but since this is small, only holding about 6 boxes, with one shelf removed, that limits the amount I can spend at any one time, which keeps my wife happy.

All in all, I love it...

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've got a Haier, pics in my gallery. Love this thing, holds lots of boxes, maybe 20 something if I planned it right. I use a Cigar Oasis and beads for stability...can't go wrong.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If I were more computer literate, I would post pics of mine. Has been fun putting together. Most recently I had to put an Oasis in there as well. I think I have it hitting on all cylinders. :thumbsup: