What's new

Wineador humidity bounce back after opening

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is too long waiting for humidity to bounce back after opening the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You are still in the settling in phase. Once the wood, cigars, boxes and everything else in the humidor is properly equalized Rh will return to normal pretty quick, especially if you have fans running. During this settling in phase most of the humidity is still coming from your humidification system and getting little help from the rest of the contents so expect it to take longer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!
I have a sensorpush too.

I had kitty litter in all week but didn’t give it enough water. When I arrived last night I put more water and the new sensorpush.

Showing not ready for cigars yet.

I will keep adding water to the litter and add more empty boxes and shelves too to get stable. I also can’t find a drain hole to plug... I probably have to look harder and find that ASAP.

It’s hard I’m only here on weekends so I only have 2 days to do stuff then wait a week before being able to work on it again!

The low reading was driving the sensor to the house, it was then put in the humidor, hit 40s, then I added more water and 4 new Spanish cedar trays, and it hit 50s. I added more water this morning and am off to B&M to buy some empty boxes.

Don’t worry there’s no cigars in this yet until it holds 65-68 and bounces back in 10 minutes!

IMG_2516.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some more sturdy boxes and pieces of Spanish cedar to spread around

IMG_2520.jpg

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
To mirror what was already said, after a while it will rebound quicker due to humidity settling/cigars getting acclimated. My coolers always bounced back quick (Under 10 minutes) and my cabinets have followed suit over time.

I know you just got done with the headache desktop humidor.... but it is super convenient to have a smaller desktop with your smokes that you fill periodically in order to keep from opening a larger humidor every time you want a smoke (what I personally do/use)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To mirror what was already said, after a while it will rebound quicker due to humidity settling/cigars getting acclimated. My coolers always bounced back quick (Under 10 minutes) and my cabinets have followed suit over time.

I know you just got done with the headache desktop humidor.... but it is super convenient to have a smaller desktop with your smokes that you fill periodically in order to keep from opening a larger humidor every time you want a smoke (what I personally do/use)

The good? news is I popped the hygrometer out of the desktop and there was no gasket on it. I’m going to silicon or o-ring it back in there then hopefully it’s ok to keep singles in.

This is my first year and I’m loving it - not annoying just a lot of fun!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay!
Transferred all my sticks and boxes into it 36 hours ago and looking good.

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg