What's new

Wineador shelves/drawers seasoning

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Anyone season their drawers by simply leaving them out in a humid enviornment as opposed to inside their wjneador? I have been buying sticks while waiting for my drawers and storing them in the wineador and have no where to put them when they actually arrive. So I was thinking with the high humidity absorbed by the cedar while shipping and by just leaving them out in my game room for a few days which reads 65% rh, they should regulate at that 65%. I did a search but couldnt find anything with Tapatalk.

And no I will not ship sticks to you to store for me! Haha

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I was actually thinking of asking you to ship me the drawers so I could season them for you. Takes a couple years to get the seasoning perfect...

If your ambient rH is a stable 65%, absolutely wipe them down with a damp cloth, then let 'em sit out in the 65% for a week and they'll acclimate. Then again, if your game room is a stable 65%.... who needs a humidor? Your game room is now a walkin!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was actually thinking of asking you to ship me the drawers so I could season them for you. Takes a couple years to get the seasoning perfect...

If your ambient rH is a stable 65%, absolutely wipe them down with a damp cloth, then let 'em sit out in the 65% for a week and they'll acclimate. Then again, if your game room is a stable 65%.... who needs a humidor? Your game room is now a walkin!
Haha. Iv waited this long, what's a couple years!! And I'm not so sure the wife would go for my little cigar corner in the game room changing to the entire game room. Haha. Plus 65 now turns to 25 in the winters.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I force seasoned mine.

The humidity has no where to escape in the wineador so the wood is forced to absorb them.

I used a damp cloth to wipe them down and put them in there with beads and my cigars.

Went right to 65% and has been there since.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I think I'm gonna have to try that, mine is sitting at 55% and I can't get it to rise. Thinking I might need to add some fans in it to circulate.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well mine is at 65 with the sticks in it. I didn't want to load up dry drawers with humid sticks because I didn't want the cedar to suck humidity from the sticks.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oh snap!! Emailed Forrest yesterday to check status after the "they'll be out this week" email 3 weeks ago. Recieved a FedEx shipping notification email. Can it be true?!?!