What's new

Winedor Low Humidity Problem.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
KL is your friend...with Vinos, wineadors, tupperadors, cooleradors....etc. It works and it works well which is why so many people who use it...testify for it. Once you get over the idea of the "name" of it ....just try it. In Wineadors like I have.....a 28 bottle type I keep a pound at the top,,,,half a pound in the middle and a pound at the bottom. Total cost of the KL....maybe just under $5 and it keeps my cigars at the 65% RH range. If there is a change where the RH is too low....I take all 3 containers and spritz them with DW about 3 times each and wait for 6 hours....however much higher it goes up becomes my formula...if it goes up 2% then 3 sprays equals a 2% rise...how easy is that? Taking the guesswork out of things means less time worrying about.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
@stin187 I am speechless after seeing your wineador! Amazing. Will continue to read your write-up. When you say recharge by a spray bottle - does that mean spray the inside with just distilled water?

8 hours later; I sprayed water in the wineador and the RH spiked up to 70% and now back to the normal 50+%.
Thanks. Glad you liked it. recharge by spray bottle means that I spray the kitty litter an beads to add moisture back into the system. Only spray your humidification media and not any of the surfaces or your cigars.

Lionel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear from someone in SE asia! Anyway, how odd. I live it Singapore, used to have a 27 bottle thermo wine chiller (Pacifica), too small too troublesome while on.

You say you're in KL? And your internal RH is always 55%RH and below? Hmmm. Mine was constantly over 65-70%, making the environment too wet. Just a few questions:

1) what's the make and model of your chiller?

2) at what ambient temperature/ RH you keep the chiller at? In an Aircon and environment? (I.e. Office)

I don't see how it's constantly dry unless your external environment is very dry or you're using a compressor. We run into the very opposite problems of our European & American friends here, because our humidity & temperature is just way too high all the time.

Perhaps your beads need to be more wet, and you can try to supplement with some boveda packets (just to try out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk