Short Belicoso with a mixed origin,

4 1/2 inches RG 46
Wrapper: Ecuador Special Sun Grown
Binder: Pelo de Oro
Filler: Jalapa Especial Seco
Piloto Seco
San Vicente Ligero
Criollo Seco
Pre-light the wrapper hit me with a lot of sweetness. Pre light draw hit me with that same sweetness and a bit of spice, nothing overly dominate. This size comes in a 4 pack and quickly disappeared between me and my 3 co-workers. This cigar has been on the market for a month or so, but was the first I had seen it so I was curious to see what it was all about.

Set fire to it and has a nutty, creamy sort of taste to it. Nice amount of smoke and a fairly medium body/strength to it. A very mid level cigar, not too much flavor, not too much strength during the first third. Not anything that "wows" you, but not disappointing so far, a pretty very refined smoke. Picking up a bit of oak and the smoke is thick with this little bad boy.

Light spice as I get in to the second third, flavor is pretty good with out being too strong, slight zip to the retrohale, but in a good way. I am often looking for flavorful short smokes and I can see this making the rotation. A little bite to it, but the flavor is complex. Burn is razor sharp!!

From this point it is developing a bit, almost a little harsh, can't help but wonder if it is from just being fairly fresh. Definitely a long finish as the flavors seem to linger after the finishing puffs. Same bit of spice that was present in the first third, well rounded but just average for the most part. The smoke hits the tongue well, but isn't overly complex.

Made it to about an inch and decided to let it go. This cigar seems like it would pair well with a nice scotch or dry wine, and definitely felt it needed a little something to cleanse the palate as smoking, as it almost got biter during the final third. Definitely had to smoke it slow and that just may be due to the size of it. In my defense it is 100+ degrees with the heat index and I may have rushed it a bit.

Final conclusion is that I may grab one here and there, but don't think I am in any hurry to get a box or even a 5er.

Last edited:

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Thanks for sharing Craig. The few WC's I have had in the past didnt really fit my preference but they were all churchill size as well. Go figure.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thans for the review Mac. I think I may skip trying these. Bitter sucks in any form of a cigar IMO. May I ask what the retail is on these as well?

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Great review Craig! I've smoked a pack of these and I love them! Great spice, and you're right about the nutty flavor, I also get pecan brittle from it. The ash is always tight, and the smoke is plentiful! Great cigar to grab for a break or if you're on your way out of town, and wont have much time for smoking, these will fit the bill if you don't mind spending the coin.