Winter Smoke, in the Outside?...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm finding Walking in Michigan, this time of year, for my nightly
Coffee (1 Mile Walk to the Coffee shop) My Cigar has less taste, kinda
dull?.. I get to the Shop and sit with a cup, and will let my smoke
die down, then on RE-LIGHTING it seems a bit better (Nobody seems to
mind if the place isn't too crowded).. Could this be the Cold or DRY
of the Winter?.. Anyone else have this happen?...
Jeff

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I dont know if it is the cigar or me.

Outside in the cold they just dont taste as good. Maybe I rush the smoke, maybe the fact that we keep them in a perfect enviroment temperature controlled pretty warm and then POW!!! outside in 40 degree weather and on fire at one end.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have had similiar expierences when I smoke outside in the winter.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I picked up a 15,000 BTU tanktop propane heater at Walmart to keep me more comfortable whilst smoking cigars and roasting coffee in the garage this winter. It mounts on top of the propane tanks I use for my grille and only cost about $38.
It won't heat up the whole garage but it is kind of directional. I pointed it at my chair and stayed pretty toasty when I tried it out Friday night. I think it was like 28 degrees outside.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey All, I just did a "Test" thing.........
This morning I added some Juice to the One Humidor (The New CAO-Black VERY Pretty).. Got the Humidity to about 73-75% from the 7 Drawer Vertical at %65-70%.. I plopped a few smoke in this morning, and on my Walk had a "5 Vegas", Now it might be me, but it seemed to make it a bit more Moist, and seemed to have a bit more taste?.. I'll leave a couple in there at a bit higher Humidity and try tomorrow also.. Kinda weard to me but maybe the Dry air you draw through is the bigger problem?..

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'll be interested to hear how that works for you. I had to go the other route. I was keeping my cigars around 70% last winter and when I smoked outside in the cold I kept having draw problems. Lowering the RH to 65% or less cleared it up for me. May be the different conditions here in WV compared to a Michigan winter.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right Now: 23.3deg F, 70.1% Humidity, at 980ft Above Sea-Level..

But I'll try one out of the Other Humi, but it sure seemed better for me to Raise the humidity?.. AGAIN not by much.. In the Summer here it get's to 80-90% all the time with the Lakes and all, so I have kept it at near %65 with Da-Beads!..

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
IMO 70 is too wet. I have burned problems when it is that high. I used beads and keep my stasha t 65%

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
We are supposed to drop down to the low 40's on Tuesday/Wednesday, and that will probably be one of the colder days of the year. We may get into the upper 30's for one or two days in January/February, which may have me switch to an evening petite corona of some sort. Anyway, gist of the story is - move to Florida and enjoy your cigars year round. :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NO!.....
Nothing in FLA, but Old People and Gators.....
I'd go back to Texas the minute I can, but NO Further East than The LA Border.
(They don't want me there either)

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think it's the temp of the air going through the cigar that makes the difference. When I smoke outside in the cold, it tastes off. OR- If I leave cigars in the car when it's cold outside, then smoke them, even in a warm environment, they taste flat. Because of that, I usually bring them in 30 minutes before I smoke them.

TOTALLY unscientific conclusion, but it seems to work for me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
pharmgator said:
We are supposed to drop down to the low 40's on Tuesday/Wednesday, and that will probably be one of the colder days of the year. We may get into the upper 30's for one or two days in January/February, which may have me switch to an evening petite corona of some sort. Anyway, gist of the story is - move to Florida and enjoy your cigars year round. :halfgrinw
Dayum Straight! :thumbsup:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
windowrx said:
I picked up a 15,000 BTU tanktop propane heater at Walmart to keep me more comfortable whilst smoking cigars and roasting coffee in the garage this winter. It mounts on top of the propane tanks I use for my grille and only cost about $38.
It won't heat up the whole garage but it is kind of directional. I pointed it at my chair and stayed pretty toasty when I tried it out Friday night. I think it was like 28 degrees outside.

Ditto on the heater! I use a small electric heater on the porch and it keeps me comfortable. I don't think I would enjoy a cigar without it...get these nasty artic winds coming down from Canada. BRrrrrrrrrr.