What's new

Wireless hygrometers?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 SensorPush units (the original versions) without the WiFi Gateway. Plus, I have 3 Boveda units. The Bovedas are very difficult to keep the Bluetooth connection up. If you are not in line-of-sight the connections are sporadic. If I go downstairs I have to be right under them with a floor in between.

With the SensorPush I can be all over the house and in the yard and get readings. It updates every few seconds. As of this writing, the SensorPush has 494,459 events stored since 8/6/2018.

I like the alerts, the graphs and the available real-time temp, RH and dew point displays. The SensorPush units cost more but they work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted an inexpensive backup unit so I bought a Brifit Wireless Hygrometer. It’s Bluetooth compatible, controllable via smart phone and pretty inexpensive for what it provides. I compare it to my main hygrometer on a regular basis and so far it has matched it very closely. They come two to a package which allows other uses (my second is in a curing/aging refrigerator for charcuterie).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn’t want to start a new thread so hopefully someone sees this.

Do the Govee hygrometers make any noise at all? Beeping? Low battery signal of some kind, etc? I want to buy one for my office humidor but I cannot have something beeping or alerting out loud at my desk when I’m often out of the office for weeks at a time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do the Govee hygrometers make any noise at all? Beeping? Low battery signal of some kind, etc? I want to buy one for my office humidor but I cannot have something beeping or alerting out loud at my desk when I’m often out of the office for weeks at a time.
I don't know about the Govee but the Brifit can be set to beep if humidity and/or temperature get below a certain point. At first I thought it was a good idea to turn this function on but the incessant beeping got really annoying. I turned it off and just checked the humidity and temperature via my phone's bluetooth connection.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0

I'm running 5 govee's, they don't beep or anything. I can check my battery status in the app from anywhere I have a data connection

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splurged on a few TempSticks. Happy with the purchase, decent performance. I have humidors in three places so I need them connected to WiFi. TempStick also allows you to set custom alerts for when temp/humidity hits certain level - I guess the others probably do as well.

Also use smart plugs connected to the Kasa app and if one of the humidors goes wild I get the alert and can cut the power remotely. The Oasis in one of the humidors has gone rogue twice. I think I'll be replacing with a Moist n Air.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
A quick update on the Govee Bluetooth hygrometers.

Over the last couple of weeks there were a few updates to the app. At some point point I noticed that all of my 65% Boveda equipped Sistema containers were barely reading 65%. I decided to recalibrate them because the readings were looking weird.

I'm calibrating them with a fresh 69% pack. It has been nearly 40 hours and they are reading in the 66% range. However they are still slowly, climbing at the rate of 0.1% per hour. Which, that strikes me as weird. The Boveda kit works in 24 hours and the salt test in 6 hours according to everything I've read. So, I'm not sure what has happened to them since the updates started in January.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the "Govee Hygrometer Thermometer H5179" and it's been great, definitely recommend it. Really good accuracy.