What's new

Wish I could of been there

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've been thinking about this for the last few days:scratchhe

There have been so many great moments in sports history. So I ask you this? If you could go back in time and get a ticket to one game or event. What would it have been?

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
1972 Summit Series, Russia vs. Canada when Paul Henderson scored the series winner

Honorable mention also to the '86 Masters when Jack won at age 46

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd say seeing the winning putt drop last time the US won the Ryder Cup. Or the 86 Masters. 3rd place - seeing the Gators whip up on Ohio State for the BCS title a few years back. I watch a ton of golf, a little bit of college football, and you can keep the rest of the sporting world.

Great topic, by the way!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Great topic, by the way!
I thought so too?

Okay you can call me a homer and I'm a much bigger football than a baseball fan. But I sure would have loved to have been in the crappy old Kingdome when the Mariners beat the Yankees back in 2005 ALDS. I remember driving home from work that day from Seattle to Tacoma. Everyone was tuned into that game. Half the cars on the I5 freeway had Mariners signs in their windows. Listening to the first couple of innings on the way home you could see people high fiving and pumping their fists outside their car windows for each and every Yankee out and everytime the M's got a hit. I got home somewhere around the 3rd inning to catch the rest of the game. It was the most dramatic Mariner Game I'd ever seen. Edgar Martinez gets a clutch hit and Ken Griffy goes flying around the bases with a close play at home plate to win the game in the 11th inning!! Seeing Ken Griffey's million $$ smile and watching the team come flying out of the dugout was priceless.

And after the fans left the dome the city went nuts!! Like they had just won the world series. I'm sure it dosen't even get reconized as being one of the top 100 sporting events. But if you ask me. That was the greatest moment in Seattle sports history to this day.

Here's a link with a re-cap of that game if your interested?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/272150-reliving-the-1995-alds-game-5-yankees-vs-mariners

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Game 6 of the 1985 World Series. The Royals wouldn't clinch until the next night, but in game 6 they had a two run rally in the bottom of the 9th to win the game.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
"The Goal"... I'd love to have been able to be there.. heck, even alive for it would have been nice. lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well... I 'see' your "Homer" and raise you this...
I would LOVE to go back and See Manchester United (on the way to their Treble) Come from 0-2 down against Bayern to win in Extra time 3-2... Pretty sure it was at Ol' Trafford too...
TBH... Still a dream to see a match there now...
Yes.... ALL the stools in my place are upside down... but NO you can't push my stool in...