What's new

Wish Me Luck

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just submitted my writing sample for a free lance writing gig. It is the first time I've written anything besides work reports in about seven years. So, I'm hoping it turned out well.

It will be side work to help cover my smoking budget and get the money together to repair our road. This winter pretty much destroyed it. So, it is going to cost $600 per family to get it all straightened out. Plus, we have a bunch of old trees that won't survive another hard winter. They all have to come down. A lot is piling up, so a second source of income is needed.

Keep your fingers crossed, pray, sacrifice a chicken to the rotor gods, or whatever it is you do. I'll probably do all three.

(I do not actually condone harming animals. I do recommend reading the Monster Hunter International series to understand the joke.)

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Good luck brother. I did a lot of freelance work in the past; magazines, newspapers, marketing firms and resumes. It's a good way to supplement your income...(y)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got word today that it may take up to ten days to get an answer. I'll let everybody know how it goes.

@ZippoGeek, When I was in the music business I use to write copy for internet radio ads during the down times. It was an easy way to make an extra $100 in about four hours. Too bad that source has dried up. Most places are paying $0.017 per word now. I would have to do twenty about twelve a day to make what I use to get off of five or six. With the slow demise of newspapers and print media the market is reaching saturation it would seem.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I used to really enjoy writing and my wife tries to get me to start again. If I were to do it though I would go novel but thats just a lot of work and I am lazy.
Good luck man!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well I was accepted. I got my first slate of assignments. After three hours of work I managed to make $6. Maybe this wasn't the right choice for making extra income. Oh well, at least I can buy a couple of Gran Habanos.