What's new

Wishlist:What are you looking to buy/try?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So what does everyone have on the ol' to buy list? :bottle:

I typically drink bourbon. I'm a complete scotch and rum newb, but I've compiled a little "to try" list, mostly from other threads around here.

bourbon:
Evan Williams single barrel
Four Roses
Eagle Rare
Basil Hayden's

scotch:
Balvenie Doublewood
Highland Park 12
Dalmore 12
Glenmorangie
Ardberg 10
Oban 14

rum:
Kraken
Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva
Flor de Cana 7
Gosling's black seal
Zacappa
Ron Pampero aniversario

I figure it will probably take me about 6 months to get through that list. I'm sure it will change a couple times.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dalmore Cigar Malt, almost bought a bottle today, had it in my hands. But decided against it, it had already been an expensive day, and that would have been the priciest bottle in the cart.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Dalmore Cigar Malt, almost bought a bottle today, had it in my hands. But decided against it, it had already been an expensive day, and that would have been the priciest bottle in the cart.
I've got half a bottle of the old expression, don't know what's so different in the new one to justify the price but back when I got mine it was only $40ish.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got half a bottle of the old expression, don't know what's so different in the new one to justify the price but back when I got mine it was only $40ish.
I've heard the Gran Reserva is the old expression blend now, and the new Cigar Malt is supposed to be better. $75-80 better? Who knows, but I've been tossing around buying a bottle since August when it released. I would love to taste it first, but none of my usual tasting spots has had a bottle availible to taste since the release.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm assuming we are keeping this to liquor....

Scotch:
Lagavulin 16
Oban 14
Aberlour Abunadh
Laphroaig 18 or Three Wood
Springbank 10
Talisker 10
Glemorangie 18

Bourbon:
Woodford Reserve
Something from Pappy

Rum:
Zaya
Zacappa 23
Havana Club 7 or Añejo

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hmmm....

My short list of Scotch is:

Balvenie 15 yr Single Barrel
Balvenie Portwood 21 yr
Lagavulin 16 (if/when I revisit Islays, this is where it'll be)
Glenrothes 1991
Arberlour 15
The Dalmore 21

Glenrothes and the Balvenie 15 will probably be the 1st to get checked off...unless I come across something else on sale that catches my eye.

Rum:

Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva
Zaya Gran Reserva

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Right now I'm wanting to get into The Macallan, and try several different expressions (none of the really extravagant stuff, as they pretty quickly get out of my price range), but the few times I've tasted The Macallan, it has always tempted me to dive in head first.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Hmmm....

My short list of Scotch is:

Balvenie 15 yr Single Barrel
Balvenie Portwood 21 yr
Lagavulin 16 (if/when I revisit Islays, this is where it'll be)
Glenrothes 1991
Arberlour 15
The Dalmore 21

Glenrothes and the Balvenie 15 will probably be the 1st to get checked off...unless I come across something else on sale that catches my eye.

Rum:

Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva
Zaya Gran Reserva
Aberlour 15 is discontinued in the states. There is a doublewood version duty free in a 1ltr bottle or you can find it in as a French release called Aberlour Cuvée Marie d'Ecosse

IF I had some mini bottles I could send you a little bit of everything on your list except the Dalmore 21 and the rum.

Actually, that's not a bad idea for a PIF thread. Make a wish kind of thing? I dunno...just a thought.:scratchhe

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am just getting started and got my first ever bottle of Scotch and Bourbon from Secret Santa. I like rum as well but have never bought a bottle. You guys posting in here is giving me some good ideas and guidance.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've been drinking the zaya, and it's kind of growing on me. Someone said that zaya was sweet and hot damn were they right. Not sure what's next, but I think I might pick up a bottle of scotch. Or maybe a bottle of the black seal.