What's new

With a wineador, how much is too much?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Not bragging, just an honest question.
When is it time to get a second wineador?
Both my drawers are level full with singles 3 layers deep, and currently have 6 plastic Walmart baskets 2-3 layers deep on the shelves. Pretty sure I'm past the 300ct advertised capacity.
Most all sticks are young- 6 months or less. Seems like it'll take forever and a day to get all these sticks down to smokable RH levels.
Have switched to buying boxes to put on the cooler in my closet, but still buy a lot of 5 and 10 packs....
Anyone been in the same boat?
Dont really like the idea of singles in a cooler. Seems to me that by the time you buy enough cedar trays to fit them all in, you could buy another wineador.
What say yall?

Last edited:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
LOL, about the time you get the first one.
I know, I know, I should just buy a second one, but was really hoping to hear from someone that stacking them this deep doesnt prolong acclimation and actually improves RH stability.
( actually typed that with a straight face)
With the holidays, the daughter's car needing front end work, the 3 year old dryer that took a shit this week, and the attic ladder that fell out of the rafters and broke while I was getting the Christmas tree down, I really dont want to pony up the $300 right now

Last edited:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Cheap solution maybe some Tupperware full of singles in your cooler would help alleviate your space issue or just invite @bostoneo over for a couple days... you'd have plenty of room after that.
Yeah, I've probably only got a couple weeks worth of smokes for John. Lol
I'm down to 2-3 sticks a week, but the OT at work is what's fueling my purchases. Make hay when the sun shines....
Haven't thought of the Tupperware IN the cooler. Good idea

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, I've probably only got a couple weeks worth of smokes for John. Lol
I'm down to 2-3 sticks a week, but the OT at work is what's fueling my purchases. Make hay when the sun shines....
Haven't thought of the Tupperware IN the cooler. Good idea
If you have a ikea around they have some great Tupperware, I got one about 10 long by 6-8 wide and 12 deep I’ve packed full of smokes for aging.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Robert, I think I would just get a large cooler and some Bovedas and keep the Full boxes and mixed boxes in there. Then replenish the wineador stocked from the cooler.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sure somebody would be happy to send you a bunch of old cigar boxes if you want to store your singles in the cooler. If your cooler isn't holding humidity you can always stick a small boveda in the cigar box and wrap in Saran wrap. Just open them up once in while and let them breath.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to keep myself to one 28 ct wineador. Oh how I tried! But eventually I gave in and bought a second. I told myself the first would be for singles and the second for boxes. I’ve now got two relatively full wineadors with more sticks on the way and more boxes I want. So I ask you, when is it time to get a third wineador?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I’ll probably be back in a year asking the same question about a 4th. Wineadors are like lizards or fish, your collection will grow to whatever capacity you have.