What's new

Wiz's first review: Crowned Heads Yellow Rose

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So last night I enjoyed the Yellow Rose. I made notes while I was smoking (obviously) I just forgot to post. So here it goes.
image.jpg
Construction: Other than the obvious wrapper crack, the construction was near perfect. The cap was one of the best I've ever seen, and clipped without any issue.
Cold draw: Spice and a dried something (I just wrote dried in my notes and have no clue what I was trying to say)
image.jpg
1st third: Cocoa and pepper on the retro. Some type of dried fruit that comes and goes just as quickly. I'm trying to get my dog to play with the puppy we brought home tonight. Back to the hay and a light leather. Cocoa is phasing out of the retro but the pepper is staying. A small mineral-esque flavor comes in. Pepper begins to lighten up on the retro. Mineral flavor picking up, everything else is softening. Burn is razor sharp finishing out the first third.
2nd third: mineral flavor still with quite a bit of pepper on the retro. The new puppy just took a shit and farted. I laughed. Such a child. Chocolate is coming into play and I can't quite place what it tastes like. Flavors calm down and I'm not really able to place what the 2nd third finishes with.
Final third: tar build up plugs, so I have to clip the cap a little farther. Just ran up into the attic to grab another crate for the new puppy. There's a lot of pepper on the retro coming in. More cocoa. Some mineral flavors begin to come in on the retro in the finish. Not going to be able to nub because I didn't eat much for dinner and I'm beginning to feel nauseous. It's a shame I really like this cigar. Much better than the first paniolo I had. And since I've yet to try a TN waltz, I'm going to have to say that this is my favorite so far.
Overall, a great cigar. I wish I would have been able to pay more attention to it, but I was really focused on making sure that the rescue we got yesterday (her name is Morticia) and Eve got well introduced.
This is Morticia Lynn image1.JPG