What's new

WLT Honduran 2012 wrapper blend

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought some of this wrapper and have little experience with honduran leaf. What other varieties of leaf do you think would play nice with this wrapper?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I haven't tried the Honduran wrapper yet but if it adds similar flavors to the Honduran filler, I only add that in strips to my blends. It's a nice flavor but to me can overwhelm other flavors. I've enjoyed it with Nic habano seco and corojo viso combos.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't tried the Honduran wrapper yet but if it adds similar flavors to the Honduran filler, I only add that in strips to my blends. It's a nice flavor but to me can overwhelm other flavors. I've enjoyed it with Nic habano seco and corojo viso combos.
Agreed. Honduran leaf is flavorful but has an aftertaste I don't care for. I too use it sparingly.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dom's getting lots of aftertastes. Maybe he has a bad tooth!

Me, I got a bad spark. Loved the odor of that Hond wrapper. Just couldn't make it burn. Guess what? I get a lot of that! Used a half a bale of Hond seco, tho, & found it way milder than the wrapper. Loved it. Good body. Have three or four boxes of gars rolled with that aging now, looking forward.

Best use I found for the wrapper tho was as a leaf shrouding the finished gars -- to impart some of Hond Hab aroma & such while aging. You guys burnt a bit of that strategy when Bliss ran his Sighted Man's Truth contest. I believe it was the gar named Flan.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I never did like Honduran cigars much. Before I started rolling my own I didn't know better.
And now I know a cigar doesn't have to be harsh or bitter or full of pepper for me to like it. Can't explain it, just don't like some of the leaf. Maybe I'll learn to like it, like beer. :)
Yeah, I know, I know. Some of you like certain leaf and others don't.
I'm diggin the Cibao stuff Don has though. I love that stuff. I oughtta order more today.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Me, I got a bad spark. Loved the odor of that Hond wrapper. Just couldn't make it burn. Guess what? I get a lot of that! Used a half a bale of Hond seco, tho, & found it way milder than the wrapper. Loved it. Good body. Have three or four boxes of gars rolled with that aging now, looking forward.

Best use I found for the wrapper tho was as a leaf shrouding the finished gars -- to impart some of Hond Hab aroma & such while aging. You guys burnt a bit of that strategy when Bliss ran his Sighted Man's Truth contest. I believe it was the gar named Flan.
I had no trouble with it burning. Rolled a quickie with corojo 99 viso and seco w/sumatra binder. Was suprised how it tasted right from the table. I hardly ever smoke them that soon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never did like Honduran cigars much. Before I started rolling my own I didn't know better.
And now I know a cigar doesn't have to be harsh or bitter or full of pepper for me to like it. Can't explain it, just don't like some of the leaf. Maybe I'll learn to like it, like beer. :)
Yeah, I know, I know. Some of you like certain leaf and others don't.
I'm diggin the Cibao stuff Don has though. I love that stuff. I oughtta order more today.
What cibao do you have? I'm going to grab a LB of each Vuelta Abajo next order. Got a sample of the ligero and liked it alot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I seen on another post you talking about WLT corojo oscuro wrapper. You have any idea where that leaf comes from?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Actually the Honduran wrapper isn't like that for me. The viso is what I don't much care for. The wrapper however, is OK with me and I don't have any problems with it not burning.

Just soak it in kerosene for 30 seconds and it burns just fine. LOL
Seriously, I like the Honduran wrapper so it's not really fair to say I don't like all Honduran tobacco.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I meant what country of origin
Item #: Corojowrppr

"The variety was originally grown in the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba. Today, true Corojo is grown exclusively in the Jamastran valley of Honduras.

Known as the "King of Wrappers", Corojo was used exclusively to wrap Cuban cigars during its heyday in the 1930's through the 1950's and continued through post revolution and even into the 1990's. The last crop of Cuban Corojo was harvested in 1996.

The flavor of Corojo Oscuro tends to be spicy and robust with notes of leather, cocoa, black pepper, and cedar. It tends to have an oily leaf surface and a distinctly reddish-brown color."

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Item #: Corojowrppr

"The variety was originally grown in the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba. Today, true Corojo is grown exclusively in the Jamastran valley of Honduras.

Known as the "King of Wrappers", Corojo was used exclusively to wrap Cuban cigars during its heyday in the 1930's through the 1950's and continued through post revolution and even into the 1990's. The last crop of Cuban Corojo was harvested in 1996.

The flavor of Corojo Oscuro tends to be spicy and robust with notes of leather, cocoa, black pepper, and cedar. It tends to have an oily leaf surface and a distinctly reddish-brown color."
So it is Honduran then? I wasn't sure reading the description. I have a LB of it and a few cigars resting. Can't wait to try it it's a beautiful leaf