What's new

Woohoo!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So I went off to college a while ago, and when I came back my favorite tobacco shop (not to mention they had the largest humidor in the rocky mountains) was gone! Disappeared. No sign saying 'hey, we've moved' or 'we are no longer in business' or anything. Last night I was looking at the list of RTDA members and Stag Tobacconist was on there! I was like 'wtf', these guys don't exist anymore. But the address was different, so I thought I'd give 'em a call today. Turns out they just moved to the other side of the city!
I've gotta run into town with the GF today so she can get some stuff done, and little does she know we're gonna be making a surprise stop...
:smokingme:smokingme:smokingme

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So I stopped by hoping they might have some Opus Xs left. They always had tons, and since I went there so much they'd let me buy like 12 at a time. Their new humidor is even bigger than the last one! It's gotta be at least 650 sq. feet(probably much more). Anyways, they had at least 6-7 boxes of Opus X out, but due to our 40% of retail price cigar tax, just the xXxs were like $12.50. I picked up a couple Perfecxion #2s at $16 a piece. Best of all is there's no posted limit on Opux Xs (there are on other cigars, tho). This shop was always my fav and it's good to see that they're not dead! I was talking to the owner and apparently they moved very quickly (didn't ask the reason) about 14 months ago. I came back like 12 months ago, so I missed 'em by a couple and just assumed they went under due to the huge tobacco tax here.
Anybody need some Opus Xs?

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
ummm, they had
Fuente Fuente
Perfecxion #5(little guy)
Robustos
and I think also Perfecxion X

I think that's all they had out. I know there's no big guys like Reserva d'chateaus or As or DCs cause I definitely would have picked some of them up.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If you want reserva d'chateaus, my local B&M up at college has 'em for $20/pop.
LMK if you're interested.

TYLER

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Now that will always brighten your day! My college town is smoke free and I haven't seen any tobacco shops.