What's new

Worst cigar of 2017.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ive looked through many of the threads and some have been posted about "worst cigars" but most were pretty old. With only 3 months left in 2017, seems like a good time to hear what everyone's worst cigar experience of 2017 has been. Taste, price, construction, whatever. What's your worst.

My absolute worst was the Drew Estate Muwat. Maybe mine was a dud but I know it had been properly stored and it tasted just plain horrible. Whole thing tasted like licking a dirty ashtray. Yalls turn.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I had a Four Kicks Black Belt Buckle that still had a horrific amount of ammonia taste to it. I have also had 3 more from the same box and they were excellent. All-in-all, I've had a good year with cigars. (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Gran Habano Azteca El Aguila. I only had 1 but it was a pretty unenjoyable experience. Uneven burn and acrid flavors led me to let it die about a third of the way in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Is Drew Estate Muwat that really bad or it requires an acquired taste?
I've never been a Drew Estate fan but that Muwat was incredibly bad. It was probably a dud because if they all taste like that, they'd never sell more than one to any one customer. Anyone else had a bad experience with the Muwat?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've never been a Drew Estate fan but that Muwat was incredibly bad. It was probably a dud because if they all taste like that, they'd never sell more than one to any one customer. Anyone else had a bad experience with the Muwat?
Was it the KFC version? Read that it "tastes like a house fire smells.." ;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
La Aurora escogidos - tasted like charcoal and burnt meat..... In a bad way..

Ghurka centurion - unpleasant, shoulda tossed it.

Sosa - blah, very disappointing.

Gran Habano #5 - no Bueno for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Drew Estate KFC - I enjoyed the novelty of the campfire smell the first cigar I smoked. To my credit, I tried three. Got my way through the first one. The last two, I couldn't get past the first third. The smokiness is just way too overpowering and either they dont really have a flavor aside from dirt, or the smokiness masked everything. That and you can't put them in your humidor without contaminating everything else with the smell.

I heard the swamp KFC, the candela wrapper one is a lot more mild and has more of a hayish note. But the original KFC has made me very weary to even go near one.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm visiting lots of B&Ms and for giggles been picking up house brands in the hope of finding a keeper or two, it probably goes without saying that the search goes on. As a whole the worse mishmash of cigars I could find.

Oh, and Regius. I bought a sampler a while back and they are batting 100% as far as disappointing.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Super Partagas,,,,,whole box of poorly made sticks that would not stay lit, tunnelled like crazy, and burned sideways.
overall flavors were terrific, just a lot of extra work.
Just started a second box.Two down and the same problems.
Should send Chuck some of these.............:beaver: :sneaky:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Montecristo Dominican Number 2 Limited Edition- The one in the ceramic jar. The things deflate after you light them, pretty sure theyre just full of air.
And the La Imperiosa, Ive had about half a dozen and none of them made it more than halfway, relights literally every other puff.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" And the La Imperiosa, Ive had about half a dozen and none of them made it more than halfway, relights literally every other puff. "
after the first one it should have been apparent that your cigar was too moist.
did you not realize this after five more?